DDoS

bhzdclan
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: DDoS

Post by bhzdclan »

yes this is so frustrating, I understand whats going on but guys on TS just want to play and they are now asking me to look around for another provider. I try to explain it to them and post in our forums about whats been happening. We tried Chicago but a few weeks backs they demanded to move back to Atlanta and now its everyday here also. I told them location doesn't matter but like I said they just don't get it.

for the record I've been extremely happy with NFO, in fact I just got done helping another clan leader fix his server with another provider and I told him what tools we have and he's was like wow, they have to do everything through procon which doesn't generate the same startup.txt file the NFO CP does. Hopefully you will get another order from them.

either way thanks for the effort you put in keeping us playing.
Madhavok
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Madhavok »

Just tell your guys to look at other server host forums. I went on another forum (not saying any names) and they were saying that they were having the same issues we were, only that the people getting targeted might have their services suspended. If I can find that quote, I'll pull it. I'm just glad NFO understands that no one is asking for this and isn't saying that our servers might get shut down because of the amount of DDoS attacks on it.

EDIT: Found the quote.
Got a message from (host) support saying our server was the target of a sever DDoS attack and (host) temporarily suspended our server. Saying if this continues they "will be forced to stop providing this service to you".
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197986357938]Image[/url]
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

I had that experience with my other host. NFO has the tools to deal with this stuff, others typically don't.

I understand the companies need to drop the customer, and I have seen in my CP NFO asking a customer to find other hosting, but that is only after every other option is exhausted.
Not a NFO employee
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We really don't like to even null-route IP addresses here. Only recently has it become required, due to the new super-massive attacks, and we really hope that it will not be required for long.
Cerious101
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Cerious101 »

As some may know ddos's aren't free, depending on size and duration. Without going into the finer points of ddos's ones that take down EA and the like are not your run of the mill script kiddie fare.

No they cost a little more, especially for that kind of duration, heck they could be doing all kinds of other things to generate revenue from their botnets. So it's either money, or a whole lot of hate.

"How a Pro Gamer Actually Made Money From Hackers DDoSing His Server"

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/how-a- ... his-server

Just follow the carrot.......
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

Out for NFO again?

https://mobile.twitter.com/...
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

rustydusty1717, please don't advertise him. He is doing this for the attention, and he feeds off it.
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

My apologies. I'm mostly curious if it's NFO as a whole or an individual customer that sparked the direction.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

rustydusty1717 wrote:My apologies. I'm mostly curious if it's NFO as a whole or an individual customer that sparked the direction.
Considering that he has been hitting many major companies, I imagine he doesn't really know why he's hitting us or them. Once he found out what he could do, he attracted an audience and is just feeding off of that.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!