DDoS

wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: DDoS

Post by wihgaming »

If you've claimed a server, you can click on "Servers" and then find yours, then click on "Manage". At the very bottom of that page, there's a button to delete server.
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

Thank you!
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

Adding to what Jay said, by removing your servers from gametracker only removes those who attack for rank gain. This doesn't alleviate from DDOS domino effect or someone you pissed off.
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

I think another attack is happening. Server dropped all players, then crashed. When it came back up, the few players who rejoined had unusually high ping. Then the server went down again. Now doesn't even show in BattleLog... This sucks.
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

That could be battlelog being hit with something. I had that issue where my server wasn't showing up today.
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

wihgaming wrote:I think another attack is happening. Server dropped all players, then crashed. When it came back up, the few players who rejoined had unusually high ping. Then the server went down again. Now doesn't even show in BattleLog... This sucks.
We had this over, and over and over last night.
Dudenell
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Dudenell »

You know I'm done skirting around the real issue. Why is it that one client here at nfo gets targeted it affects us all? No offense to NFO but I've never been with a host in the last 5 years that has had this problem. Are they taking down EVERY client at internap or is it just affecting NFO boxes, if so then why is that?

Nfo your support is timely, but this isn't going to keep me as a client. All it takes is some small group pissing off the wrong guy and all your clients at a data center are affected, that is a huge issue and I'm tired of reaping the consequences of others.
Dudenell
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Dudenell »

My understanding is this:

One DDOS is affecting everyone, they are specifically targeting popular BF4 servers (all hosting providers).

There is now a second DDOS being caused by this derptrolling guy, and that's affecting our servers.

Is that not correct?
Madhavok
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Madhavok »

The reason that the DDoS is affecting everyone is that the connection from the server to InterNAP is being flooded with pings, which in turn causes everyone's lag. Everything is routed from InterNAP to the NFO servers.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197986357938]Image[/url]
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Dudenell wrote:You know I'm done skirting around the real issue. Why is it that one client here at nfo gets targeted it affects us all? No offense to NFO but I've never been with a host in the last 5 years that has had this problem. Are they taking down EVERY client at internap or is it just affecting NFO boxes, if so then why is that?

Nfo your support is timely, but this isn't going to keep me as a client. All it takes is some small group pissing off the wrong guy and all your clients at a data center are affected, that is a huge issue and I'm tired of reaping the consequences of others.
We talk a lot more in-depth about these attacks in the events log in your control panel. Please take a look at the events and please do contact us if you have any questions.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The attacks that we and other providers have been seeing have been extremely large to the point that not only do they take out the ISP (Internap, in our case) but also local NSP infrastructure. One attack earlier today took out Blizzard and AT&T on the west coast along with it.
Madhavok
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Madhavok »

Edge100x wrote:One attack earlier today took out Blizzard and AT&T on the west coast along with it.
The same guy(s) are taking down the League of Legends login servers. They took down the NA, EU, and Ocean servers today.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197986357938]Image[/url]
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

So there's nothing the US law enforcement like the FBI can do about these people?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

wihgaming wrote:So there's nothing the US law enforcement like the FBI can do about these people?
You'd be amazed how little law enforcement cares about the attacks we see. Now bigger companies like EA, Internap and AT&T may have better luck. That's assuming they choose to pursue said attacker.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

I can't get my servers going at all today, each time it they start to get players there goes another DDoS killing it or at least a Blaze due to the DDoS! Have we come up with a solution or is there no point in running servers anymore?
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage