BF4 Operation Blackout 12/25/13

GaWebDevDotCom
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BF4 Operation Blackout 12/25/13

Post by GaWebDevDotCom »

Just an FYI. I will be renaming all 3 of our BF4 servers to OPERATION BLACKOUT on 12/25/2013 for the day in support of this BF4 Operation Blackout constructive message to EA & DICE.

My servers will be set to not allow players to join during this time period. Our BF4 Community and numerous others within the Battlefield community will be doing so.

Cheers & Merry Christmas NFO staff and fellow server administrators! Hope it's a great one for you all.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: BF4 Operation Blackout 12/25/13

Post by TacTicToe »

Useless feeble attempt that will accomplish nothing more than drive players to other servers not participating. This same kind of thing was done with other games, and nothing came of it. Doing this is about as effective as an online petition. Bottom line, they have your money, they do not care, they know you will continue to buy their product, and their DLC's and their servers despite these things and the problems.

You may shut your servers down this way for a day, but it does nothing to accomplish anything. And you will probably go play yourself, on a server not participating. Most likely using some kind of assumed name. I guarantee you, 6 months from now we will still be having these same discussions, about these same kind of problems, and nothing will have changed other than the announcement for the upcoming BF5 release and the excitement that ensues from that.
10-78 Busterking
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by 10-78 Busterking »

My question is why on Christmas day?

Many will be getting the game during this time of the year, so we shut down on the day they can play with their new toys?

Maybe another date would have been a better choice, just my opinion.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Good point Busterking, I didnt even think of that.

Sun Tzu would agree I believe if you apply his "know your enemy" mentality. This is a huge money grubbing company that only cares about profitability and nothing more. They are Activision's step child.
EA was voted "worst company of the year" two years in a row. That should scream volumes to you. They just don't care about our opinions, and this blackout is just a waste of time.

http://consumerist.com/2013/04/09/ea-ma ... -in-a-row/
GaWebDevDotCom
A regular
A regular

Post by GaWebDevDotCom »

TacTicToe wrote: And you will probably go play yourself, on a server not participating. Most likely using some kind of assumed name.
? Obviously you have no idea #1 who I am and #2 the 400+ BF4 players my community represent and 3 other large communities that have committed.

It's unfortunate but attitudes like this are what has put this community to sleep and led them to believe they have no say in the matter. Apathy and acceptance of the unacceptable are what perpetuates the continuance of issues like we're experiencing now.

Doing "nothing" and playing the victim role definately does nothing to perpetuate resolutions to the numerous issues that need to be resolved sooner rather than later. In a sense you're actually condoning the continuance of the issues by discouraging any positive, organised, collaborative effort to escalate a sense of urgency.

If left to it's own devices the BF community won't self-correct. BF5? I don't think many realise the dire situation this community has gotten itself into. I have organized communities (very large ones) since BF2 and never have I seen a more desperate need for a collaborative push for change and resolution of issues.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

No I personally do not know who you are, and like EA/Dice, really don't care. You go right ahead with your black out, I will sit on the side lines and laugh at you, just like EA/Dice will.

Don't know who you are? Youre one of EA's ATM machines that will continue to supply them with the funding they need to put our their charades every other year. I know exactly who you are, and what you re-present. The real problem is, you dont understand your place on EA's totem pole. If you did, you would understand the futility of what you are trying to do.

Been playing games for over 30 years, and have pretty much seen it all, including what you are attempting. It saddens me to see people so delusional to think they could sway direction of large companies that are blinded to all things other then the almighty dollar. Now, if you REALLY want to make a dent, vote with your damn wallet, it is all that matters. I regret buying BF4, and have logged maybe an hour. BF3 seems much better IMO. I can show you a screenshot if you like so you can see I too have every EA BF title there is. I have supported them from day one, but will no longer. I am not going to buy the DLC for BF4, will not buy a Premium account for BF4, and will never buy another release from Dice. I'm actually done! I never bought a server, though I came very very close many times. As a result, I sit here with money in my pocket, not theirs.

Your Black Out will accomplish nothing other than providing fodder for my amusement. I am truly sorry if you believe otherwise, but youre only kidding yourself if you think anything will come of this. It won't, period. It is nice to see people passionate about things, I just feel your energy and efforts are being wasted. It is your time and energy to waste, I wont stop you, but I will be here in a few weeks to do the "I told you so" tidbit.

Best of luck with your endeavor.
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

TacTicToe wrote:No I personally do not know who you are, and like EA/Dice, really don't care. You go right ahead with your black out, I will sit on the side lines and laugh at you, just like EA/Dice will.

Don't know who you are? Youre one of EA's ATM machines that will continue to supply them with the funding they need to put our their charades every other year. I know exactly who you are, and what you re-present. The real problem is, you dont understand your place on EA's totem pole. If you did, you would understand the futility of what you are trying to do.

Been playing games for over 30 years, and have pretty much seen it all, including what you are attempting. It saddens me to see people so delusional to think they could sway direction of large companies that are blinded to all things other then the almighty dollar. Now, if you REALLY want to make a dent, vote with your damn wallet, it is all that matters. I regret buying BF4, and have logged maybe an hour. BF3 seems much better IMO. I can show you a screenshot if you like so you can see I too have every EA BF title there is. I have supported them from day one, but will no longer. I am not going to buy the DLC for BF4, will not buy a Premium account for BF4, and will never buy another release from Dice. I'm actually done! I never bought a server, though I came very very close many times. As a result, I sit here with money in my pocket, not theirs.

Your Black Out will accomplish nothing other than providing fodder for my amusement. I am truly sorry if you believe otherwise, but youre only kidding yourself if you think anything will come of this. It won't, period. It is nice to see people passionate about things, I just feel your energy and efforts are being wasted. It is your time and energy to waste, I wont stop you, but I will be here in a few weeks to do the "I told you so" tidbit.

Best of luck with your endeavor.
Agree with this.... I made the mistake of buying daggum premium. Maybe I'll eventually learn.
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
GaWebDevDotCom
A regular
A regular

Post by GaWebDevDotCom »

I actually am in direct dialogue with a couple of the devs and the present community manager. To say they don't care is complete rubbish. For someone who has zero vested interest nor any financial interest in the success of the franchise, having zero BF4 servers, you sure went to great lengths to post here in a thread that's obviously not directed at you.

No one's "asking for your approval either". When you have nothing constructive to say sometimes it's best to not chime in.
10-78 Busterking
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by 10-78 Busterking »

GaWebDevDotCom wrote:I actually am in direct dialogue with a couple of the devs and the present community manager. To say they don't care is complete rubbish. For someone who has zero vested interest nor any financial interest in the success of the franchise, having zero BF4 servers, you sure went to great lengths to post here in a thread that's obviously not directed at you.

No one's "asking for your approval either". When you have nothing constructive to say sometimes it's best to not chime in.

You still haven't answered my question, why Christmas day?
GaWebDevDotCom
A regular
A regular

Post by GaWebDevDotCom »

10-78 Busterking wrote:
GaWebDevDotCom wrote:I actually am in direct dialogue with a couple of the devs and the present community manager. To say they don't care is complete rubbish. For someone who has zero vested interest nor any financial interest in the success of the franchise, having zero BF4 servers, you sure went to great lengths to post here in a thread that's obviously not directed at you.

You still haven't answered my question, why Christmas day?
Oh... sorry. That same question was addressed here. Hopefully this dialogue answers it. https://plus.google.com/111828559247884 ... 3saCByAVAU
PowersGaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by PowersGaming »

10-78 Busterking wrote:My question is why on Christmas day?

Many will be getting the game during this time of the year, so we shut down on the day they can play with their new toys?

Maybe another date would have been a better choice, just my opinion.
A blackout on Christmas Day seems somewhat "Grinch-Like" imho... Guys are gonna want to play BF4 in lieu of sitting/listening to dysfunctional relatives playing warped mind games, or worse, cleaning up a kitchen that resembles a nuclear bomb zone, or even worse getting that slobbering red lipstick kiss on the cheek from your 95-year old bespectacled Aunt whom you didn't even know existed.

No... Escape to the battlefield is the only option, and if you're blacked out, guys will just grab another server (hopefully ours lol) and game on. We should do what we can for the minions who gave EA their $$ by providing the best gaming experience possible ...
GaWebDevDotCom
A regular
A regular

Post by GaWebDevDotCom »

PowersGaming wrote: You're blacked out, guys will just grab another server (hopefully ours lol) and game on. We should do what we can for the minions who gave EA their $$ by providing the best gaming experience possible ...
I'm sure there will be plenty of servers to play on (including yours) :lol: . This is not a one time event. It's not going to just fade into the background after 12/25.

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/battlefiel ... 79647.html
FourTwoFour
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FourTwoFour »

What TicTacToe said is correct. However, DICE are in really deep shit right now and anything that you guys can come up with WILL hurt them even more. Try your best to completely ruin them so they can either get FIRED and replaced by someone better or finally start fixing the game.

DO NOT feel bad for them. This is not the same DICE team we had years ago. This is why the current Battlefield games are shit.
ADKGamers
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by ADKGamers »

GaWebDevDotCom wrote:
PowersGaming wrote: You're blacked out, guys will just grab another server (hopefully ours lol) and game on. We should do what we can for the minions who gave EA their $$ by providing the best gaming experience possible ...
I'm sure there will be plenty of servers to play on (including yours) :lol: . This is not a one time event. It's not going to just fade into the background after 12/25.

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/battlefiel ... 79647.html

As I read this:
With the new introduction of “Official” servers, administrators do not have the ability to remove hackers or disruptive players from the very servers that they are funding to operate.

I just laugh because I've already talked about that. I've already said how you fix that problem without even having to black out your servers. You don't use official servers! It's easy. . stop complaining about that when you can already do something about it. If there are ZERO official servers out there then EA/DICE will change their mind on how they handle that. BUT there's still people out there who feel the need to have 'official' servers and then throw a fit.

Any why is everything so anonymous? "BF4 Opereation Blackout Spokesperson" and then you mentioned how you have other people involved. "You obviously don't know who I am." Ok who are you then, help us out and let us know. Who's involved?! People don't want to participate in things like this when you say there's other big groups involved yet you won't give names. Here's a perfect example to that:
At least a handful of very large and prominently organized Battlefield Communities are behind the movement as well. Reportedly several hundred BF4 PC servers will be renamed to “Operation Blackout” on the scheduled December 25th blackout date.

And look at the word that probably makes people the most skeptic about something like this: "REPORTEDLY"
re·port·ed·ly
ri?pôrt?dl?/Submit
adverb
according to what some say (used to express the speaker's belief that the information given is not necessarily true).

Please look at the important part of that definition. I think you're getting upset at all the skeptics, but you give people a reason right on your website of WHY they should be skeptical.

So yes you might have people interested right now, but that's all you have from them when you 'reportedly' have this and that, etc, etc. . If you want to help your cause then give more information otherwise people won't believe you and will just laugh at you.
http://www.ADKGamers.com - =ADK= Multi Gaming Community
GaWebDevDotCom
A regular
A regular

Post by GaWebDevDotCom »

ADKGamers wrote: I think you're getting upset at all the skeptics, but you give people a reason right on your website of WHY they should be skeptical.

I'm not upset ADK, perhaps I do get a bit frustrated when I see BF Communities, especially large communities, taking this whole thing lying down so to speak. Either we're bickering over irrelevant issues or picking each other apart about really trivial disagreements on the best courses of action or inaction to take.

It's the perfect example of "divide & conquer". At the end of the day who among us does not want to see our BF communities excel and grow. To see a player base increase, not rapidly spiral downwards as it is now. Who among us does not want things to get better? Some of the ridiculous server restrictions removed or at minimal relaxed to allow us to not only manage but leverage our servers for our player base?
ADKGamers wrote:So yes you might have people interested right now, but that's all you have from them when you 'reportedly' have this and that, etc, etc. . If you want to help your cause then give more information otherwise people won't believe you and will just laugh at you.
I don't pay much attention to critics or those that laugh. Naysayers inspire me about as much as compliments do, probably even more. People laughed at me back when I told them BF3 would be a viable community builder. I simply smiled and then went on to build one of the largest, most organised BF Communities around. We're still here in BF4 in a very challenging environment. Not only are we just maintaining we are growing while others are calling it quits.

It was anticipated and understandable that some large community organizers and some individuals might be somewhat reluctant to publicly take a stand. That's likely where some of the ambiguity comes in.

As far as who I am I don't know if that matters as much as what this collaborative is about. I took a huge step by even allowing the article to be published on our community website. However considering the current state of BF4 and after careful deliberation I decided it really wasn't a choice anymore. If you want to know anything about my ties or my background in this BF series (not that I think it's that relevant). I just interviewed with DRMB here: http://dontrevivemebro.com/podcast/drmb ... t-04-3mob/

I am the founder and community organizer for the 400+ BF4 Community 3MOB. More importantly however I think is the fact that I'm someone who does not want this community to drown in it's own apathy and negativity. Thanks for the questions ADK.