BF4 Operation Blackout 12/25/13

Cris
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: BF4 Operation Blackout 12/25/13

Post by Cris »

Well, I do agree with this blackout but do think Christmas day is a bad idea. I would really just love to see ALL server owners switch to ranked.

I for one am extremely frustrated with the way they are making us host Official servers for DICE/EA. We are a small clan and we depend on "play now traffic" I had no idea about the so called "Official" server restrictions when I bought this game and rented the server. It was obviously in the bf docs. but I never would have thought they would set it up this way and now after this latest server patch, our server rotates through maps with no one in the server due to this crap time limit! I specifically set our server up to start with one air map to get pubbers to join the server to practice flying jets/helis which in turn ends up filling the server.

Anyways, our clan is on board for this blackout!
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

So can anyone else confirm the success of this? My desktop is down atm and can only look at battlelog on the web. When I searched for servers with "Operation Blackout" in the name, only 2 servers came up. Was that the extent of this huge message to EA? Hope I am wrong, because if not, that message wont even fill a small sticky note on someones screen.
GaWebDevDotCom
A regular
A regular

Post by GaWebDevDotCom »

TacTicToe wrote:So can anyone else confirm the success of this? My desktop is down atm and can only look at battlelog on the web. When I searched for servers with "Operation Blackout" in the name, only 2 servers came up. Was that the extent of this huge message to EA? Hope I am wrong, because if not, that message wont even fill a small sticky note on someones screen.
:roll: Merry Christmas TacTicToe! Surely you comprehend that none of this is about a single Blackout? It's not about the number of servers that you can count, as you've taken the liberty to "investigate" the matter.

I represent and am accountable to the 400+ in my community who purchased Battlefield 4 and many of whom worked very hard to earn the $120 (premium purchases) or so to purchase the game with the expectation that it would deliver or at minimal by this point in time be playable.

I also am accountable, and must be as best I can, to represent the many contributors to the servers we do operate. I take very seriously the let down it has become for many of them and can't and won't defend EA/DICE in the light that many apparently feel the need to do so. That does not mean I am anti EA/DICE. To the contrary I have supported them and the Battlefield series for years. I continue to do so by keeping our servers and community moving forward. We have numerous web properties and hundreds of hours are spent each week continuing to promote the game.

There is a state of apathy that seems to have set in with a lot of BF community leaders and organizers. It's a state whereby things like what we're experiencing now are perceived as ok.

The whole idea behind the Blackout movement has already served, in many respects, in much of what it was intended to accomplish. The intention was not merely about shutting servers down for a single day or how many servers would follow through. It has already began to raise even more awareness about the present state of the games dire need for some expedient resolutions. It has engaged you as well, and many more prominent audiences all across the web. I would be very hesitant about critiquing it's success or failure at this early stage.

It saddens me when I honestly and objectively take a close look at the present state of Battlefield. Smaller communities have folded up shop and thousands upon thousands of players have walked away from the series. Thousands of server administrators are already no longer with us just two months into what should have been one of the most exciting and expansive eras in Battlefield history.

Despite how this movement is perceived or portrayed to be by others, it's one of optimism and tremendous hope for the game and the series. In the end there will be no single, accurate, or quantifiable way to accurately estimate the success or failure of this movement. All things are relative. Six months or so from now, looking back, I 'd like to think that it was one among many events that inspired the turnaround of deeply troubled series.
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Guess the blackout occurred 4 days late...

*ba dum tish*
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

GaWebDevDotCom wrote:Despite how this movement is perceived or portrayed to be by others, it's one of optimism and tremendous hope for the game and the series. In the end there will be no single, accurate, or quantifiable way to accurately estimate the success or failure of this movement. All things are relative. Six months or so from now, looking back, I 'd like to think that it was one among many events that inspired the turnaround of deeply troubled series.
So six months from now, when nothing has changed, and everything is just as crappy if not worse, I will re-visit this thread to reply with my :roll: for you. Along with a well earned and vindicated "I told you so".

I am so sorry to see people with good intentions, blinded by delusions of grandeur, that simply are not warranted. Yes, there is tremendous apathy, brought on by the corporate greed and short shortsightedness of gaming developers. It is further enhanced by individuals or communities that think way too highly of themselves, and believe that anything they do, can adversely effect the greed or mentality of these game developers, or publishers. When nothing occurs from the actions of the delusional, the apathy levels increase, as people that believed in these wasted endeavors, thought they might actually have an affect. When it does not, the confidence decreases further, the masses become more angry and more vocal, and the apathy worsens.

As I have stated, the ONLY way to get their attention is to vote with your wallet. STOP BUYING GAMES FROM EA AND ACTIVISION. Period. Would love to see how many in your community were dumb enough to buy Premium for BF4. I laugh at the ignorance. Sorry, but I am far too much of a cynic and realist to buy into what you are selling.

Again, best of luck with your endeavor though.
Soulzz
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Soulzz »

TacTicToe wrote:
GaWebDevDotCom wrote:Despite how this movement is perceived or portrayed to be by others, it's one of optimism and tremendous hope for the game and the series. In the end there will be no single, accurate, or quantifiable way to accurately estimate the success or failure of this movement. All things are relative. Six months or so from now, looking back, I 'd like to think that it was one among many events that inspired the turnaround of deeply troubled series.
So six months from now, when nothing has changed, and everything is just as crappy if not worse, I will re-visit this thread to reply with my :roll: for you. Along with a well earned and vindicated "I told you so".

I am so sorry to see people with good intentions, blinded by delusions of grandeur, that simply are not warranted. Yes, there is tremendous apathy, brought on by the corporate greed and short shortsightedness of gaming developers. It is further enhanced by individuals or communities that think way too highly of themselves, and believe that anything they do, can adversely effect the greed or mentality of these game developers, or publishers. When nothing occurs from the actions of the delusional, the apathy levels increase, as people that believed in these wasted endeavors, thought they might actually have an affect. When it does not, the confidence decreases further, the masses become more angry and more vocal, and the apathy worsens.

As I have stated, the ONLY way to get their attention is to vote with your wallet. STOP BUYING GAMES FROM EA AND ACTIVISION. Period. Would love to see how many in your community were dumb enough to buy Premium for BF4. I laugh at the ignorance. Sorry, but I am far too much of a cynic and realist to buy into what you are selling.

Again, best of luck with your endeavor though.
I may just start playing CS:GO and DayZ a lot more. At least those developers produce fairly bug free games.
PowersGaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by PowersGaming »

TacTicToe wrote:

Well put...