Idle Kick On Official Servers

mkeller25
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Idle Kick On Official Servers

Post by mkeller25 »

All,

I'm getting a lot of complaints about people somehow getting around the idle kick. Any suggestions for an Official Server?

I've resorted to simply rebooting it but that obviously is not a great plan going forward. Need help! :(
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Idle Kick On Official Servers

Post by Edge100x »

It is possible that players could be using a mouse jiggler or similar. I'm not sure what benefit this would grant for the player, though (the only real reason for doing it is to seed).
mkeller25
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by mkeller25 »

Edge100x wrote:It is possible that players could be using a mouse jiggler or similar. I'm not sure what benefit this would grant for the player, though (the only real reason for doing it is to seed).
Is there literally no recourse for people doing this? Its effectively ruining my server. There were about 6 or 7 guys, all on one team, doing this and spoiling the server for everyone since team balance is critical.
XDE4TH
A regular
A regular

Post by XDE4TH »

My honest and truthful advice is to just go Ranked, forget Official...stop paying your $30-80/month to host something you have no control over except a name in the server title...That logic is absurd!!!

Go ranked and actually take back control of your server. Be able to set your own setting variables and use plugins to manage your balancing. Be able to kick/ban disruptive players. Lets not forget the ability to stream logs to 3rd party anti-cheats like Anti-Cheat Inc and PBBans and be protected by their ban lists!
mkeller25
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by mkeller25 »

XDE4TH wrote:My honest and truthful advice is to just go Ranked, forget Official...stop paying your $30-80/month to host something you have no control over except a name in the server title...That logic is absurd!!!

Go ranked and actually take back control of your server. Be able to set your own setting variables and use plugins to manage your balancing. Be able to kick/ban disruptive players. Lets not forget the ability to stream logs to 3rd party anti-cheats like Anti-Cheat Inc and PBBans and be protected by their ban lists!
I thought that might be the response but was hoping there were some other options available - maybe not easy options but options nonetheless.

Right now the main purpose of our server is as an advertising vehicle so I'm hoping to keep it official as long as possible.