Map Cycler

KillNYou
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Map Cycler

Post by KillNYou »

On the NFO map cycler does every map have the same chance of being cycled to? What are the specifics on this and is it possible for us to change this? We are seeing a few maps being cycled way to much for our liking ie going to lockers then to parcel then back to lockers.

I guess I could throw on a map vote plugin as well.

Thanks!
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Map Cycler

Post by kraze »

If you're using the random option every map has chance to be cycled but it's random, so it's possible you'll play the same map more than others. If you want a more structured map cycle you should use our cycler to create a list.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

With the random option, it really is random except that it won't allow the same map to play twice.

I recommend only using the random option at the beginning. Once you learn the maps and decide which ones you like best, in which modes, it should work better to define the cycle to achieve exactly the mix you want.
Bart
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Bart »

Hey John, if I choose the use my map list option instead of the "Conquest Classics" option, will that effect the quickmatching?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

For quick match / play now to work, you must choose a predefined map cycle. We recommend that you couple this with our map cycler, or a 3rd party map cycler, and use these to override the predefined cycle after the server starts up.