Kicking/Banning on Ranked

mkeller25
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Kicking/Banning on Ranked

Post by mkeller25 »

So I finally gave in to flipping the server to Ranked instead of Official. I can confirm for someone if need be but.... now I can't seem to kick which is the only reason I changed anything.

I've tried using the commands here
http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =50&t=4510

And the ones here
http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =50&t=4278

Nothing has worked. Keep in mind I'm using the command line stuff in the Server Control tab of NFO's control panel. We have the Admin Daemon enabled as well.

I've tried..

!kick "playername"
!kick playername
!ban "playername
!ban playername

admin.kickplayer playername
admin.kickplayer "playername"

And just for testing I tried

!yell "message" 6000 "all"
!yell "message" 6000 all
!yell message
!yell message 6000 all
admin.yell "message" 6000 "all"
admin.yell message
etc etc

It seems to me that nothing is working. Is this console just not for these commands? I know this must seem stupid but... what am I missing here?
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Kicking/Banning on Ranked

Post by wihgaming »

yell doesn't work in BF4 server yet. Try !say something.

I used to use the admin commands from the NFO admin deamon and it worked well on my server. Nowadays, I use Procon.
mkeller25
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by mkeller25 »

wihgaming wrote:yell doesn't work in BF4 server yet. Try !say something.

I used to use the admin commands from the NFO admin deamon and it worked well on my server. Nowadays, I use Procon.
Say appears to be working so thanks.

What about the Bans/Kicks for ranked servers? I'm still having zero luck with this taws001 guy
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

It's possible that that taws player is a zombie player. Sometimes server would get a zombie player who shows in-game, but they're not actually in-game. You can't kill/kick/ban them at all. The only way to get rid of them is to reboot.

If you get into your server, you can can kick yourself to see if it's working or not.
XDE4TH
A regular
A regular

Post by XDE4TH »

Are you using a admin tool? Unless you have Procon(MyRcon) or RconNet then your server alone won't recognize commands like that in game. You could optionally use the Admin Daemon that NFO provides in the CP and their commands list.

I personally would suggest getting a Procon Layer hosted. It has many plugins available and will help you manage your server.
mkeller25
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by mkeller25 »

XDE4TH wrote:Are you using a admin tool? Unless you have Procon(MyRcon) or RconNet then your server alone won't recognize commands like that in game. You could optionally use the Admin Daemon that NFO provides in the CP and their commands list.

I personally would suggest getting a Procon Layer hosted. It has many plugins available and will help you manage your server.
mkeller25 wrote: So I finally gave in to flipping the server to Ranked instead of Official. I can confirm for someone if need be but.... now I can't seem to kick which is the only reason I changed anything.

I've tried using the commands here
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=4510

And the ones here
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=4278

Nothing has worked. Keep in mind I'm using the command line stuff in the Server Control tab of NFO's control panel. We have the Admin Daemon enabled as well.
-----------------------------------------
At this point I'm striking down the idea of renting/paying for anything else. In such case, I think my only option for managing the server is by use the tools available in NFO's control panel.

The issue is why the heck I couldn't kick that guy. I've since been able to ban a couple people successfully - I haven't tried kicking since though. I expect that this was possibly an isolated issue with this particular person.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

!kick on any part of the player name should work, and if you're watching the rcon tool output in the control panel, you should see the command come through on the server side to do it. But, we have occasionally seen problems due to a bug in the game that causes players to be listed who are not actually playing, and can't be kicked/banned as a result, due to Blaze disconnections. In that case, the only fix seems to involve a server restart =\.
mkeller25
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by mkeller25 »

Edge100x wrote:!kick on any part of the player name should work, and if you're watching the rcon tool output in the control panel, you should see the command come through on the server side to do it. But, we have occasionally seen problems due to a bug in the game that causes players to be listed who are not actually playing, and can't be kicked/banned as a result, due to Blaze disconnections. In that case, the only fix seems to involve a server restart =\.
I appreciate the follow up.

I do think this is what I was seeing. I was seeing the commands come through but the player just would not get kicked and he was idle taking up slots so I was like WTF?

I think I saw when I did...

playerlist.list (or whatever the command is) that the player I was trying to kick did not appear to have an EAID like everyone else. I assumed this was related somehow.

I think thats the lesson here for people. If you see someone with a blank EAID just sitting idle in your server, the only way to kick them is reboot sadly.