Any tips on seeding a ranked server?

[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Any tips on seeding a ranked server?

Post by [WDT]TardFarmer »

We have a very popular 64 player conquest server, in craptacular "official" mode. As soon as we switch to ranked so we can keep the smacktards at bay, i.e. racists and homophobes, we slowly but surely die off. It's also next to impossible to seed the server. Even with 14-20 people on seeding it we cannot fill it.

One thing I tried yesterday was seeding it to 64 players in "official" mode and then letting everyone know I was rebooting the server after the round ended. I then brought it back up in ranked mode with normal settings and filled it for about one map. Then the traffic slowly but surely died off.

So does anyone have any tips on getting the players in. It seems strange that we are unable to keep the server filled or even fill it during prime time hours. Especially with 14-20 people seeding the server..
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Any tips on seeding a ranked server?

Post by wihgaming »

Make sure your server is "Normal" and not "custom".

As for today, 1/1/14, battlelog is all screwed up. Up and down all morning. So players can't join...
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by [WDT]TardFarmer »

yeah always make sure it's set to normal. Doesn't help.

douchebag is ddosing EA today so people can't login.
XDE4TH
A regular
A regular

Post by XDE4TH »

It will take time and effort to get people to come and re-visit your server which is how you will seed it best without a group to get it over a critical amount. It also usually helps to run a style of maps(smaller infantry or larger vehicle maps) and keep it that way(or running an All Maps rotation works too). I also find most people prefer to play a specific game mode. Lastly, once you figure out what you want your server to run, stick with it...people will get to know your server for a particular rotation and style and favorite it if they had a good time.