What is with all the lag?

Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: What is with all the lag?

Post by Edge100x »

We use recent high-end hardware across the board, and in our testing, all of our machines run the game as well server-side. Except for VDSes trying to run the larger servers, of course.

axRhino, the DDoS attacks occurring everywhere recently are very frustrating, I agree. I talk about them in a bunch of places and good amount of information in the control panel for affected locations, including a note posted whenever we see an attack that we see hurt multiple customers. There wasn't one in Chicago last night, though, and DDoS attacks in general do not have long-lasting or map-specific effects.

wihgaming, the only software knob that we have is enabling threading. It doesn't seem to do much, but we can try that on a server if you would like -- just give us a ring.
Last edited by Edge100x on Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I said "hyperthreading" when I meant "threading"
marrr
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by marrr »

IMO if it was something wrong with the setup here at NFO then it would lag on every map.

This happens on 2 of my servers that are setup the same way
shared hosting
64 players
2 commanders
2 spec slots.
JP3
New to forums
New to forums

Post by JP3 »

People love storm but if the server is full all day it lags bad by evening time. Is this a EA issue or an NFO issue. We can't even put Resort in our rotation it's so bad.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

JP3, performance seems to decline the longer a server has been up. There's a thread in the forum here about a few maps that most people have problems with, as well, more generally.
XDE4TH
A regular
A regular

Post by XDE4TH »

Edge100x wrote:....There's a thread in the forum here about a few maps that most people have problems with, as well, more generally.
I believe he is referring to THIS thread. I'm running a fairly popular BF4 China Rising server and have had Dragon Pass out of our rotation for probably going on a month now because whenever we try it, we get unusually bad amounts of lag from all players. I actually receive compliments and thanks for not having that map in rotation. Only a select few players usually say that don't notice anything, I'd say 80% say that it is rubber banding like crazy for them.

I believe it is something with the map(atleast Dragon Pass) that is fundamentally broken. I've tried adding it back after every server patch and have yet to see it get any better.