My Servers Die Easily

TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

My Servers Die Easily

Post by TimSad »

I'd like to ask any of you, why do you think my BF4 servers have been dying out at night so easily lately while some of your servers stay strong? It also takes my 3 seeding computers/accounts to get them going the next day and it's not easy. Is it something to do with having them in LA? We've been around for a while so server popularity by name should be on our side.

Anyone else having trouble with this or is it just me? Not everyone's servers are so susceptible to this, I have noticed, and I'd like to know what the difference is?
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: My Servers Die Easily

Post by Edge100x »

I would expect this to relate to Battlelog's algorithm for deciding which servers show first in the list when people search. That's a bit of a mystery =\.
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

Hey Tim,

I noticed that on my server, NYC-based, during the middle of the nite, the players are very picky of the maps they play. If a map comes up that they don't like, a lot of them leave. Sometimes 20-25 leave at map change. I experimented with all sorts of map cycles and found that running only CR DLC maps at nite, works for my server. Would it work for you? I don't know. Maybe give it a shot?

Also, you don't have any sort of ping limiter plug-in running do you? I'm asking bc there are a lof non-US based players on during the sleeping hours in the US. I let them play on mine without ping restrictions.
Spyderspartan
A regular
A regular

Post by Spyderspartan »

Edge100x wrote:I would expect this to relate to Battlelog's algorithm for deciding which servers show first in the list when people search. That's a bit of a mystery =\.
I'm am thinking this as well. Some nights our server will run pretty much full until 3 or 4 am EST. Other nights we don't get anyone joining after 11pm even though there are 15 players in there seeding it. Seems very inconsistent.

I remember when we first launched our BF3 server is was full non stop. Then they made a change to Battlelog and we never got it full again after that.
marrr
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by marrr »

Yea, the random list of servers that browsers shows doesn't help.
Cyberbang3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cyberbang3r »

Our ping restriction is 400 and done manually... Don't kick for ping!

If your running RANKED try not to cross DLCs...

Cater your game to what PLAYERS want and not what WE want!

Centralize your servers...

Don't BANG your HEAD against the wall ;)

Cyber/uRock Gamers
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Cyber, I was thinking that since I pretty much already have all those implementations/values you listed for our servers, you and your =U= servers must have a lot of luck with being consistently filled or it's probably something to do with not having all of them located in LA. I'm thinking maybe more so the latter, huh? Because there's no other reason that I can think of that our only 5 BF4 servers should have more of a difficult time being consistently filled than your, what is it, 10 BF4 servers?

Once this next semester starts I'll be juggling a couple classes on top of work and various other things in life which will leave me almost no opportunity to seed my servers as much as I do now. My guys in my [-SoC-] community almost never help me seed the servers so I'm afraid that I'll just have 5 empty servers. Right now it is imperative that I find out what the difference is between my servers and your =U= servers so that I don't have to be paying for empty servers or having to drop any servers in the near future. I'm leaning mostly on the idea that it is something to do with being in LA and maybe with what John said, the way Battlelog decides to list the servers in the main BF4 server browser.
ImageImage
Cyberbang3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cyberbang3r »

TimSad wrote:Cyber, I was thinking that since I pretty much already have all those implementations/values you listed for our servers, you and your =U= servers must have a lot of luck with being consistently filled or it's probably something to do with not having all of them located in LA. I'm thinking maybe more so the latter, huh? Because there's no other reason that I can think of that our only 5 BF4 servers should have more of a difficult time being consistently filled than your, what is it, 10 BF4 servers?

Once this next semester starts I'll be juggling a couple classes on top of work and various other things in life which will leave me almost no opportunity to seed my servers as much as I do now. My guys in my [-SoC-] community almost never help me seed the servers so I'm afraid that I'll just have 5 empty servers. Right now it is imperative that I find out what the difference is between my servers and your =U= servers so that I don't have to be paying for empty servers or having to drop any servers in the near future. I'm leaning mostly on the idea that it is something to do with being in LA and maybe with what John said, the way Battlelog decides to list the servers in the main BF4 server browser.
TimSad wrote:Cyber, I was thinking that since I pretty much already have all those implementations/values you listed for our servers, you and your =U= servers must have a lot of luck with being consistently filled or it's probably something to do with not having all of them located in LA. I'm thinking maybe more so the latter, huh? Because there's no other reason that I can think of that our only 5 BF4 servers should have more of a difficult time being consistently filled than your, what is it, 10 BF4 servers?

=U= is popped not because of luck ---> it's HARD work... I think you said it yourself that your guys don't help you seed. I started out a hard ass and surround myself with players that understand that without the servers ---> their is no clan/community. There is no finishing a game when servers go down, when you sign on the first thing to check is downed servers. Once the reputation is built ---> players will follow. My biggest word of advice is thinking outside the box and not follow what most of the opinions that people throw at you. I have lived BF3/BF4 like many of you, and have had to adapt to the changes EA has forced upon us. BF4 is NOT BF3 and we have to concede to the positive and negatives of the game... Of course it's only my opinion in which I rarely exercise :)

21 Servers
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

Just glancing at the server browser Tim, the biggest difference between his servers and yours, is the majority of his servers are "Official" so they get "play now" traffic.

If you get play now traffic it is very easy to get a server going and really easy to fill it once you have about 10 players. Also, Official servers do not drop of as quickly as normal ranked servers.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Cain wrote:Just glancing at the server browser Tim, the biggest difference between his servers and yours, is the majority of his servers are "Official" so they get "play now" traffic.

If you get play now traffic it is very easy to get a server going and really easy to fill it once you have about 10 players. Also, Official servers do not drop of as quickly as normal ranked servers.
Ahhhh, okay! I didn't catch that he had mostly Official servers. That makes a lot of sense.
ImageImage
Cyberbang3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cyberbang3r »

TimSad wrote:
Cain wrote:Just glancing at the server browser Tim, the biggest difference between his servers and yours, is the majority of his servers are "Official" so they get "play now" traffic.

Ahhhh, okay! I didn't catch that he had mostly Official servers. That makes a lot of sense.
You guys just don't get it...

Yes, we have plenty of both; but OFFICIAL and RANKED has nothing to do with what's important...

To each their own.... GOOD LUCK 8)
stryfe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by stryfe »

My conquest official does that.. Some nights JAM full, other nights dead as a door nail after 12am. Takes my 2 seeders and hours to get it back full too. And I've noticed now rubberbanding is coming back.. I was doing great then it started doing that crap again.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The ISP hosting Blaze has also been having problems over the last couple of days with packet loss. This could cause various problems in-game, including player drops and delays during gameplay.

More people than ever seem to be running PB configurations that take screen shots now. As a reminder to everyone, this has known performance implications; every time PB takes and processes a screenshot, the entire server loop is delayed slightly. Sometimes that hitch is imperceptible, but sometimes it will cause problems in-game, such as when the server is already using an entire CPU core, or many screenshots are requested at once. Similarly, any problems with PB itself (such as issues on their end with the master servers) will cause similar hitches.
Cornholeo
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Cornholeo »

The ISP hosting Blaze has also been having problems over the last couple of days with packet loss. This could cause various problems in-game, including player drops and delays during gameplay.
I wonder if this has anything to do with the lag we are seeing on certain large maps again? Dam,Resort, and Storm.
PoooTang
New to forums
New to forums

Post by PoooTang »

Server has been great since day one,now dead as a door nail