R19 ?

PowersGaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

R19 ?

Post by PowersGaming »

Just got the email about servers restarting to apply R19, but surprisingly I can't seem to find any info as to what this update does. Anybody know ?
PackerFan_68
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: R19 ?

Post by PackerFan_68 »

Same here...looking for info but can't find anything. :?
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

When they release in quick succession like this, it makes me think that they're fixing something that got screwed up with the previous release. But "what" is the question?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We're not allowed to post the overall patch notes here, but a couple of things that this update publicly does are to remove vars.playerManDownTime and to merge the vars.teamXFactionOverride commands into vars.teamFactionOverride.

We previously included vars.playerManDownTime on the "Easy setup" page and removed it as a result of that change.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

I'm wondering what was so urgent about this update. Was there some big game breaking exploit with R18?
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Always makes me overly suspicious that an RSP is not allowed to let their customers know whats in a simple changelog. Honestly, EA are the ones that should be making this VERY public.
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

I think this what you may be looking for.

Fixed the most common server crash. The story behind this one is fairly convoluted:

When a player begins the process of joining a server, the server will begin buffering some kinds of information in anticipation of the player completing the loading & joining phase. However, players sometimes get stuck in the loading screen. This makes the server buffer more and more info for that player. A side effect of this is a temporary resource leak in the game server. The leak is immediately restored if the server changes map, or the player completes loading, or the player shuts down the game client. However if a player manages to remain stuck for 30+ minutes in loading on a server with lots of activity and the server doesn’t end the round, then the server could run out of the particular resource – it would then crash.

The new server version will forcibly disconnect clients which are threatening to exhaust that particular resource. With this change in place, we do not know of anything that would make high-ticket servers less stable than normal-ticket servers.

Long banlists will not crash the server.

The banlist supports up to 10.000 entries now. This limit can be raised in the future.
The banList.list command has been modified to return at most 100 entries at a time (similar to how BC2 PC’s banList.list command works).
Any administrative tools will need to be updated to be able to see more than the first 100 entries.

Corrections to the banlist documentation.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

FAST, you are quoting the changelog for BF3 R19.

EA normally posts the changelog for each release on their forum (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/fo ... 683803785/). I do not know why R19 does not have a corresponding post.
marrr
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by marrr »

R19 Server Update
-Introduced an update to our anti-cheat system
-Fix for a server crash that was caused by setting the vars.teamXFactionOverride value to 3
-The vars.teamFactionOverride command, with the <team> and <faction_id> parameters has been introduced, replacing the vars.teamXFactionOverride commands
-Vars.playerManDownTime has been removed as this was not working as designed
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/fo ... 1928/last/
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

Oopsies thought that was it :oops:
Colt
This is my homepage
This is my homepage