R21 Patch server issues.

Rogerdoger45
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

R21 Patch server issues.

Post by Rogerdoger45 »

Since the R21 patch I can't get my 32 slot server over 20 slots anyone else having the same issue?
mikedbom
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: R21 Patch server issues.

Post by mikedbom »

mine is showing 30 but the adaptive slots functionn doesnt seem to be working. the server is empty and usually reads 0/8.
Cris
A regular
A regular

Post by Cris »

Seems Dice doesn't like their Official servers running more slots then they require for certain game modes. They capped it! So now if you want 64 players you can only run Conquest large, Rush only 32 TDM only 24 etc... WHAT A JOKE!

Our adaptive slots is no longer working either now after this CRAP patch! Thanks a lot DICE. I think all server owners should drop Official and switch to ranked. That's the only way to get their attention. That way all players who use the play now function won't be able to find servers.
Rogerdoger45
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Rogerdoger45 »

Dice they really trying to destroy this game.
mikedbom
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by mikedbom »

I think all server owners should drop Official and switch to ranked.
thats what it will come down to if they keep throttling control on Official. if my server is going to sit empty, i might as well have control over it.
Cyberbang3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cyberbang3r »

Ranked or Official ---> Dagger through the HEART of BF4!

Feel sorry for the HOSTS that invested in new equipment only to find revenue fly out the window...

Good going DICE!
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

I am so mad about this capping our server slots and also not allowing variable slots to work which used to keep our server populated for days. Today I can hardly get the server kicked up as it's locked us at 50 slots. I can't understand why variable slotting hurt anyone -- our CQL server ran up to 50 slots and was always busy -- and of course I just renewed our server yesterday for three months only now to get yet another slap in the face to those of us that pay a lot of money to rent large slot servers. I'm so pissed off right now at EA again for not understanding or caring how we build communities and how we can even afford to pay to rent servers for people to play their game on. I'll be switching off official as all this control they are enforcing has made it impossible to run a server my clan and I pay for. EA can run their own dam servers if they want all this control.
Cyberbang3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cyberbang3r »

markym wrote:I am so mad about this capping our server slots and also not allowing variable slots to work which used to keep our server populated for days. Today I can hardly get the server kicked up as it's locked us at 50 slots. I can't understand why variable slotting hurt anyone -- our CQL server ran up to 50 slots and was always busy -- and of course I just renewed our server yesterday for three months only now to get yet another slap in the face to those of us that pay a lot of money to rent large slot servers. I'm so pissed off right now at EA again for not understanding or caring how we build communities and how we can even afford to pay to rent servers for people to play their game on. I'll be switching off official as all this control they are enforcing has made it impossible to run a server my clan and I pay for. EA can run their own dam servers if they want all this control.
Pretty much sums it up...

Switched all our servers to ranked... A good game destroyed...
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'm hoping they revert this part of the patch. It came completely out of left field for us and they clearly didn't think about server owners.

As soon as they told us that this was happening, I was clear with them why it was a bad idea. If you also think it's a bad idea, please post on their forums, tweet them, contact EA support, etc, so they hear from you directly.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

EA driving another game into the ground, glad I jumped ship when I did, although our initial investment in our game slots was put to waste(servers constantly crashed when we had ours).
Not a NFO employee
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Please make sure that they hear from you directly. Our feedback to them does not have anywhere near the weight that thousands of gamers can provide.
ADKGamers
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by ADKGamers »

I'm still taken back by everyone who is upset that this is going on. It was known from the beginning that they wanted official servers to be run a certain way.

Why are people surprised by this?

Trust me I'm on the side of "let admins run their servers the way they want" and always have been and it sucks that we don't get people joining the servers through the play now or whatever the heck it is. BUT I also said from the beginning that they will want official servers run how they want them. And that's exactly why I'm not running any.

It's completely frustrating that they are doing "Official" Servers, but nothing has changed from release. We all knew they wanted them run how they wanted. We should focus on asking for them to send people to non official servers instead of trying to change official servers to how we want them to be run.
http://www.ADKGamers.com - =ADK= Multi Gaming Community
nerfbacon
New to forums
New to forums

Post by nerfbacon »

I and another group member posted on the battlefield facebook asking for them to revert this change.
marrr
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by marrr »

any idea when R22 which i guess is 106533 will be installed here? No point in populating our 2nd server if they are gonna be updated soon.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

marrr, we'll update it early tomorrow morning. It's too late in the day to do a non-emergency global update today. R22 does not revert the official server change.