R21 -- locking server player slotting -- my post to EA!

markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

R21 -- locking server player slotting -- my post to EA!

Post by markym »

Really EA ....seriously -- yet another reason NOT to run an official server. I've been running our server as "Official" for three months even though you kept taking away control, first no kicking, then no aggressive join allowed for our VIP player, then no Banning, now we can't event control our own slotting with this new patch! Now you lock player slotting based on the Experience server setting and map selection. I can't even believe you would do something like this. It's clear you have little care or concern for how we work to populate our servers, build our clan communities or how we can afford to rent high slot severs for people to play YOUR game on.

In forum threads many of us are calling for all server renters to stop running official servers -- you want to enforce rules and control this game so much-- then pay for and run your own game servers. If we all turn off "Official" servers your PLAY NOW feature will be worthless.

Just once I'd like you to listen to those of us who rent servers and support this game and understand how our clan communities survive. But I don't think you care based yet again on your most recent actions. Once again I'm disappointed with EA and frustrated with your total disregard and support for those of us that rent game servers for BF4!

As a clan admin for seven years renting BF servers since BF2 I can tell you this is our last BF server rental ever and very well my last BF game ever.
Rogerdoger45
New to forums
New to forums

Re: R21 -- locking server player slotting -- my post to EA!

Post by Rogerdoger45 »

I could not have said it better!
Cyberbang3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cyberbang3r »

Forget Ranked or Official

This move will pretty much destroy 80% of server owners...
Cris
A regular
A regular

Post by Cris »

Well said, Markym!

We've switched back to Ranked which won't help us at all and it looks like we may be getting rid of our 64 slot server. Just pointless now to pay for it. I'm sure the 32 slot server will eventually be dropped as well.
Cyrcle
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Cyrcle »

Welp. Looks like time to have a pow-wow with the rest of the group. Who knows what next month will hold.
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

Thanks for the comments. I too hope they listen and reverse this decision. Just when they were getting some of my respect back they go and F up the server slot stuff and lose it again. EA seems to not think about anything or even ask for advice first -- they just do stupid shit and piss off their customers!
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

I have to say, with each new update, EA re-enforces for me that I made the right decision to not have a server. Would have just been a frustrating waste of money.

GG EA!
laserr
New to forums
New to forums

Post by laserr »

Yeah this was enough to finally cancel my server, had it up since day two of launch. Was a decently populated server, top 500ish on gametracker. It relied solely on starting at 6 slots to launch since there were only a few people apart of my group that would help launch it. And even with regulars they aren't always going to populate your server if it's sitting empty. To adjust slots to mp size is just stupid, the server wasn't big enough Conquest Large on some maps but at 40 slots it was perfect for normal.

We've entered an era in gaming where things are far too much corporate and money signs to actually care about anything other than keeping the stats looking good and feeding people "rewards" instead of good gameplay. The only way they will ever learn is by just canceling your server, and not buying the next Battlefield, the same fate of Call of Duty.
Anim0L
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Anim0L »

Cris wrote:Well said, Markym!

We've switched back to Ranked which won't help us at all and it looks like we may be getting rid of our 64 slot server. Just pointless now to pay for it. I'm sure the 32 slot server will eventually be dropped as well.

Do not run adaptive server size on ranked servers it is not good because most ppl looking for a server will click the size they want and with adaptive size it is only visable a couple times