Calling for a Boycott of Official server settings!

markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Calling for a Boycott of Official server settings!

Post by markym »

Mates -- I ask all NFO BF4 server customers to join me in running only Ranked or Custom servers no longer supporting EA's Official server setting BS and rules enforced on us. We all pay very good money to rent NFO servers for the community -- let EA run their own Official servers if they want to pay for them. Meantime we should no longer support their enforcement on rules on servers we pay for. I will refuse to run Official from this point forward just to get players pushed to our server that then control the server environment while we are the ones paying the bill. And as such if the server is empty then I'll just cancel it. We have got to put a stop to game companies that think they can tell us how to run servers we pay for and then punish us by not sending us players because we don't follow their silly rules.

Thank you for your support. I've noted today that of 15 Seattle servers in the list only 3 are running Official setting. Many of us have already moved away to Ranked so we have some control on the server. Please ask anyone you know to support the Boycott of Official servers. I'm looking into a much large way to broadcast this out to clan communities.
mikedbom
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Calling for a Boycott of Official server settings!

Post by mikedbom »

Post on GCN's (gaming community network) forums. There are a lot of communities there that might listen. Im going to be switching soon, just wanted to hold out for a few days.
Colt
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Colt »

we made the switch
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Not sure why anyone would want to run Official anyways other than to get Play Now traffic... perks stop there.
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by [WDT]TardFarmer »

jaythegreat1 wrote:Not sure why anyone would want to run Official anyways other than to get Play Now traffic... perks stop there.

That is why we run official, because our servers are usually dead without it. I already switched to ranked. Pretty much impossible to fill our server.
Colt
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Colt »

[WDT]TardFarmer wrote:
jaythegreat1 wrote:Not sure why anyone would want to run Official anyways other than to get Play Now traffic... perks stop there.

That is why we run official, because our servers are usually dead without it. I already switched to ranked. Pretty much impossible to fill our server.
Yeah, we got to almost to a top 200 server with play now - official. but now hang around 400-700 in server rank on "ranked" Our clan is a VERY small one 10 players on at any one time. (wish we had more) and we barely get her to 64 in the evenings - then it dies out around 1-2am eastern.

It's very frustrating for me - who had top 3 servers in RTCW, ETQW, BF2, BFBC2, top 100 bf3 - and now a ffffffffffff up bf4 one.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Saw someone post something similar to this for December. That went over like a lead balloon. The reason this will never work, is because there are so many out there that have servers as well, and are more than happy to pick up the PLAY NOW slack that you create. EA knows this.

The only real way to affect change. Stop buying their products, stop hosting their servers. Hit them in the pockets, maybe they will listen. I doubt it.

I regret buying BF4, and am glad I never setup a server as I wanted to. So many complaints and problems, just doesn't seem worth the headaches and aggravation. I havent bought, and do not intend to buy any of the DLC for BF4. Until EA change their crooked ways, I will not be buying any more titles from them.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Isn't part of the RSP program, the RSP(in this case, NFO) has to host an amount of official servers for the game? That would kind of negate any impact you guys are trying to make.

EDIT: Just tried sorting official servers with NFOservers.com in the name, and it doesn't appear NFO hosts any official servers for EA, nvm.
Not a NFO employee
marrr
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by marrr »

soja wrote:Isn't part of the RSP program, the RSP(in this case, NFO) has to host an amount of official servers for the game? That would kind of negate any impact you guys are trying to make.

EDIT: Just tried sorting official servers with NFOservers.com in the name, and it doesn't appear NFO hosts any official servers for EA, nvm.
I bet if crap hit the fan, and everyone did switch to ranked servers then EA would force the providers to host them.
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

Thanks for the comments and feedback guys -- much appreciated. We have been running ranked now and while we are not full 24/7 like on Official we were full much of this weekend at 60 slots. You can see the dip in our graph during Superbowl -- lolz! While it takes us a bit more to kick up our server, ranked brings us far less latency high players that Join Now pushed in and people seem to act better on a ranked server because they know they can get banned or kicked vs the crap they pulled when we were running the "Official" setting.
Anim0L
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Anim0L »

Hey guys we switched all of our servers to ranked about a month ago and we are not a very big clan.

Is will help you guys out alot if you guys have servers that are not 16 24 32 48 64 they are hard to fill so if you make the playable slots any of those they will fill easyer and always make sure they are normal.

I will let you in something from a clan leader to others if you idle you server with idle time out at 300 jsut hop in a vehical and you wont be kicked till the round stars you can have them in all day until the round starts. And after that if you still just want to idle just go commander you never get kicked for idle if you are in the commander slot. The server will not show you as a player slot in battle log but the round will stay going if some one leaves
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by [WDT]TardFarmer »

Anim0L wrote:Hey guys we switched all of our servers to ranked about a month ago and we are not a very big clan.

Is will help you guys out alot if you guys have servers that are not 16 24 32 48 64 they are hard to fill so if you make the playable slots any of those they will fill easyer and always make sure they are normal.

I will let you in something from a clan leader to others if you idle you server with idle time out at 300 jsut hop in a vehical and you wont be kicked till the round stars you can have them in all day until the round starts. And after that if you still just want to idle just go commander you never get kicked for idle if you are in the commander slot. The server will not show you as a player slot in battle log but the round will stay going if some one leaves

Great info! Thanks Anim0l!!
MyOdessa
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by MyOdessa »

TacTicToe wrote:Saw someone post something similar to this for December. That went over like a lead balloon. The reason this will never work, is because there are so many out there that have servers as well, and are more than happy to pick up the PLAY NOW slack that you create. EA knows this.

The only real way to affect change. Stop buying their products, stop hosting their servers. Hit them in the pockets, maybe they will listen. I doubt it.

I regret buying BF4, and am glad I never setup a server as I wanted to. So many complaints and problems, just doesn't seem worth the headaches and aggravation. I havent bought, and do not intend to buy any of the DLC for BF4. Until EA change their crooked ways, I will not be buying any more titles from them.
^ This.

Our clan got so discussed with EA, we turned off our BF3 servers a few months after game release. We went on to play on KillZone servers. Killzone also ended up turning their servers off. No one pre-ordered or bought BF4 when it was released and few play it now. No plans to have BF4 server. Ever. BF4 has on average less then 50K playing PC at any given time, BF3 three months after release had 350-450K PC players every day. I have never seen game die this fast.
In any case, even small rebellion against EA's treatment of its customers is worth while. Even if just switching from Official to Ranked servers.