Server won't play Metro.

badbadrobot
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Server won't play Metro.

Post by badbadrobot »

So our server refuses to play Metro, even tho it's in the map list. It'll be the next one on the list and then it just plays the previous map again and never moves to metro. Anyone else seeing this?
Founder of GSN Gaming.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Server won't play Metro.

Post by Edge100x »

I just tested it with and without our map cycler and it is working for me.
mikedbom
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by mikedbom »

this morning i loaded metro but it kept changing to another map in my rotation. also battlelog didnt show that map...showed all others except that one. and now i just checked again, its not showing any DLC maps even though my list is current in procon.
Cyberbang3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cyberbang3r »

Been fighting it all morning... Figured it was another EA cluster @#$@!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I know that they enforce which maps can play on their end, and it's possible that that's coming into play, but I haven't seen issues with our test servers.

If you're running Procon, make sure that you are running the latest version, with support for the new maps.
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

On my server, I have an long map list with maps from SA, CR, and Vanilla in the rotation. But the server only plays Oman, Metro, and Firestorm. It won't play Caspian nor anything else. I tried manually setting the next map to Silk Road and once it was on Silk Road, the server promptly crashed. I don't know what's going on right now...
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Using just our tools, or using some other tools?
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

I have Procon and used it to set next map. I've since disabled Procon layer to see if it's procon that's causing this problem.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Yeah, my servers keep going back to the beginning or somewhere near the beginning of the rotation after playing a couple maps. I dunno what the hell is going on. I haven't kept a close enough eye on it to figure out what exactly is going on...
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Cyberbang3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cyberbang3r »

When disabling nfo map cycler and using "use your own" NFO cycler is still kicking in and changing maps... Very weird
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Cyberbang3r wrote:When disabling nfo map cycler and using "use your own" NFO cycler is still kicking in and changing maps... Very weird
Hmmm! Are you able to tell EXACTLY what is going on and what the bug might be or what causes it? I'm just gonna run all SA maps now and hope it actually runs through all of them without switching back up to previous maps.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Cyberbang3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cyberbang3r »

TimSad wrote:
Cyberbang3r wrote:When disabling nfo map cycler and using "use your own" NFO cycler is still kicking in and changing maps... Very weird
Hmmm! Are you able to tell EXACTLY what is going on and what the bug might be or what causes it? I'm just gonna run all SA maps now and hope it actually runs through all of them without switching back up to previous maps.
Tried it ---> Keeps reverting Siege ---> So annoyed I walked away from my rig...
GaWebDevDotCom
A regular
A regular

Post by GaWebDevDotCom »

TimSad wrote:
Cyberbang3r wrote:I'm just gonna run all SA maps now and hope it actually runs through all of them without switching back up to previous maps.
Tim, running all SA maps you'll still experience it. No idea what's causing it but server is not following the set map rotations.
Cyberbang3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cyberbang3r »

If you take Blood Pressure medication ---> PLEASE PLEASE walk away from your server NOW! lol
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Did you give it a couple of minutes to take effect?

Outside of that, I can check the logs to see whether it's actually doing that, if you open a support request, but it's something I've never seen before.

I'm very interested to see someone test a server with all 3rd-party tools disabled. That's how all of my testing has been done and I have not seen problems with the maps. We had a test server that was busy for several hours last night running them in rotation.