Server won't play Metro.

wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Server won't play Metro.

Post by wihgaming »

Turning off Procon layer doesn't help. My server was on Firestorm, then it went to Caspian, then repeated Caspian again instead of going to Metro. :/
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

John, here's a bit of info to go on that I just found! I'm not sure if or when it'll advance through the rotation but my TDM server was just on Metro (2nd map) with the next map set as Oman (3rd map). When I was looking at procon I saw the current map blue highlight jump up to the first map in the rotation and the next map go to what it was currently on which was Metro.

I checked using mapList.getMapIndices and it even indicated that the current map index was indeed set to 0 although it was clearly not on the first map (I even verified with my SoC buddies in TeamSpeak who said it was on Metro still) and the next map index was set to 1 which is the map it was on, Metro...

http://soldiersofchaosgaming.com/images ... xample.png
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

TimSad, and this is with just using Procon (not our system)?
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Edge100x wrote:TimSad, and this is with just using Procon (not our system)?
Well, I do use Procon but the console in Procon isn't really influenced by the program itself so I can trust the console commands I send and the responses I get back via Procon. If you're asking about the map rotation, however, I just go solely by the Maplist.txt.

EDIT: Maybe I'll disable Procon for just my TDM server and report back just in case it is doing something strange here for some reason?
ImageImage
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

I don't know if it's a coincidence or what, but I turned off the NFO admin daemon and the function that issues the "vars.preset normal" every 5 minutes. My server is now on it's 4th map (paracel storm) in the rotation. Will report back if it continues my map list or whatnot.
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

Nope. the NFO admin daemon is not the cause bc while the server was on the 4th map, paracel storm, the index got reset so it thinks it's on the 1st map. Instead of going to the 5th map, it'll go to the 2nd map in map list.
mikedbom
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by mikedbom »

I have only SA maps loaded and they cycled through just fine after I disabled Procon. Going to re-enable Procon to see if there is a difference.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'm trying to find a common thread. Are you guys with problems running with vars.mpExperience (the predefined map cycle option on the easy setup page) set to something other than the SA CTF cycle?
mikedbom
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by mikedbom »

I'm running conquest classics.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

I'm not running any of that cycling stuff. I'm not running Official so I'm not using that mpExperience variable. I am using the Maplist.txt though.
ImageImage
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

TimSad, you also have whatever mechanisms Procon may have for changing maps disabled?
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Edge100x wrote:TimSad, you also have whatever mechanisms Procon may have for changing maps disabled?
Yep! Nothing that I am using in Procon to influence the map rotation, plugins or anything else. That's not to say that maybe somehow Procon may do something weird where these new maps are involved for some reason. But I think it is more likely that it is a bug in the new server build.
ImageImage
nerfbacon
New to forums
New to forums

Post by nerfbacon »

Here is what my server(bacon.game.nfoservers.com) did at around 5:45pm CST

We are using the NFO daemon(and only nfo daemon) for map cycle and running official with experience set to domination.

I used !nextround to push it to metro domination. The server started seeding and things were going well. About 100 tickets from the end of the round the server started loading a new map. Shanghai loaded and brought all the players. All of the player scores(kills etc) stayed but the round tickets reset to the starting point.

Upon going to battlelog and looking at the server status it is currently set with a map rotation of the default Domination core game maps. It is almost as if it is enforcing the gameplay preset after a period of time. This happened early this morning while the server was populated and it happened again this afternoon after I forced it off Shanghai, when I got home form work it was back to Shanghai with a default rotation.

This was not happening last night before SA went live. We were running a mix of DOM and TDM with experience set to DOM and it properly cycled through all of the maps that we had picked and the NFO daemon would pick random maps when appropriate.
nerfbacon
New to forums
New to forums

Post by nerfbacon »

Here is the Battlereport from the round in question that carried scores from metro over to shanghai

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ba ... 318949000/

The original seeders are the ones with far more kills than anyone else
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

nerfbacon, that's similar behavior to what another customer reported and why I have been asking about vars.mpExperience. I thought we were onto something there. TimSad seems to indicate that it might be a larger problem, though. In any case, I let DICE know about the theory a couple of hours ago and I'll also send them your narrative and log.