Post by wihgaming »

I tried setting up a maplist in UMM. Nope. Doesn't fix it either. :/
badbadrobot
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Server won't play Metro.

Post by badbadrobot »

Edge100x wrote:
Cyberbang3r wrote:When disabling nfo map cycler and using "use your own" NFO cycler is still kicking in and changing maps... Very weird
Did you give it a couple of minutes to take effect?

Outside of that, I can check the logs to see whether it's actually doing that, if you open a support request, but it's something I've never seen before.

I'm very interested to see someone test a server with all 3rd-party tools disabled. That's how all of my testing has been done and I have not seen problems with the maps. We had a test server that was busy for several hours last night running them in rotation.
Some times it plays a map twice, (even tho we said 1 round), some times it skips maps, players previous maps again. It's all over the place and very random. Glad I'm not the only one noticing this..

We use procon as well.
Founder of GSN Gaming.
nerfbacon
New to forums
New to forums

Post by nerfbacon »

As an update it appears as though my server is applying the default DOM map rotation every hour as long as it has people in it. I have updated this information in a ticket but at 8:48, 9:48, and 10:48pm CST my server reverted to Shanghai DOM while it was running experience: dom. During this time the server did not empty and was not always running a SA map when it reverted. It always carried over the score from the previous map.
XDE4TH
A regular
A regular

Post by XDE4TH »

......annndddd......first dump/crash for the evening!!!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

From reading many logs and troubleshooting with many customers, BF4 as it currently stands definitely has a bug related to vars.mpExperience. Specifically, if the map cycle is changed after the server is started, and the custom cycle includes any map that isn't among the maps in that default vars.mpExperience cycle, the game flushes out the whole cycle and replaces it with the default again. It does its mapcycle validity check once an hour, and when it flushes, it loads up the first map in the default cycle (generally MP_Siege), replacing what's currently being played, even in the middle of a round.

The workaround for this bug is to avoid vars.mpExperience entirely on ranked servers (there's no reason to use it on those anyhow) and to only use base maps on Official servers (as not-fun as that may be).

TimSad seems to be describing another bug that relates to how the server tracks the map cycle order. It's possible that in its hourly check, it also resets the map index. Is this change happening about once an hour for you, TimSad?
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Once an hour sounds about right, actually! That would explain why it is sometimes able to get to a particular point in my rotation before going back to 0 1 but not others. I was thinking that these two different problems were somehow related, too!
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Zipperbag
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Zipperbag »

Hey Guys I experienced the issue w "experience". I sorta liked having it set, to avoid having a blank space. But yeah Siege would come up, even when I removed it from the rotation. I was also able to see the map-edit change the rotation as described by Edge above. Basically three if not four changes!

Im pretty sure it was another feature via update, because I used to have Resort load up w/o issue..

So anyway, about this Metro not playing etc.? Do we know a workaround which allows all the Second Assault maps to play? Personally my main interest is only playing the four new maps at this time.

fwiw I only run NFO Admin setup

p.s. I cant be for certain I experienced the Metro not playing, because it did actually play. I also had four Vanilla maps in rotation at the time. However I was a bit tired, and it did appear to take awhile to see Metro come up (fyi: Guys were using !nextmap)
Corruptor-CDN
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Corruptor-CDN »

Our server is also struggling with the rotation. It plays Caspian 2x, but is set for 1, then it plays Oman 2x which is also set for 1, then it plays Caspian again 1x and skips Firestorm altogether, then plays Metro 2x. This is without ProCon running and playing Conquest 64 with your map cycler. I can though spark up ProCon and choose Firestorm as next map and it works..
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

This issue might be fixed. I've yet to confirm on my server.

https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread.php ... #post96782
Colt
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Colt »

Same - ours plays metro for a while then out of no where goes back to Siege.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

They say that it was fixed but it doesn't seem to be fixed.
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

Whatever they did, it allowed my server to traverse deeper into the maplist, but it is still skipping some maps and playing some out of order.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

It seems to be doing better now. I'm wondering how changing something on the backend could fix this problem.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Clumppy
A regular
A regular

Post by Clumppy »

Not mine. Mine has been crashing all a sudden. Had a crash at 7:05pm EST then had a crash just now at 9pm EST. This is no good.
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

TimSad wrote:It seems to be doing better now. I'm wondering how changing something on the backend could fix this problem.
Mine is better too.