Server won't play Metro.

mikedbom
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Server won't play Metro.

Post by mikedbom »

Coincidence or not I just checked on my server via mobile procon and things were fine. Went back a few minutes later and siege was loaded.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Okay, I've gone ahead and disconnected Procon from my TDM server. It currently has the following rotation and is currently on the first map...

XP0_Firestorm TeamDeathMatch0 1
XP0_Metro TeamDeathMatch0 1
XP0_Oman TeamDeathMatch0 1
XP0_Caspian TeamDeathMatch0 1

I have the rotation memorized and I'm gonna play on the server all day to see when it acts up and goes to the wrong map and I'll try to find a pattern. I'll report back before the end of the day!
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
nerfbacon
New to forums
New to forums

Post by nerfbacon »

Edge100x wrote:nerfbacon, that's similar behavior to what another customer reported and why I have been asking about vars.mpExperience. I thought we were onto something there. TimSad seems to indicate that it might be a larger problem, though. In any case, I let DICE know about the theory a couple of hours ago and I'll also send them your narrative and log.
Sorry if I wasnt clear but I do have vars.mpExperience set to Domination but then use the NFO Map Cycler to venture into TDM as well. Prior to today this functioned without any issues. When the map rotation resets it resets back to what I would assume is the default Domination map rotation, each map in Domination from the core game 2 rounds per map.
KMS
New to forums
New to forums

Post by KMS »

To add some info

Our server is playing the the 1st 3 maps then starting over back to map 1

Setup:
64 slot
Vanilla maps large
Official
CQ Classics
No procon layer
No NFO map control

Refresh normal was on. I turned it off that did not seem to help.

The server started with all maps
I did try to remove problem maps via easy-setup (after the server was full) but looking at our battlelog page all maps show up in the rotation.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Alright! I've been monitoring the TDM server with the console in the NFO CP and it made it to Metro (still on it now) but now mapList.getMapIndices suddenly shows 0 1 meaning that it suddenly thinks the first map in the rotation is currently being played and the second one (Metro, the one it's on now) is going to be next.

I sent mapList.list to be sure the rotation is still the same as I posted above and it is.
ImageImage
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Okay, as a follow-up of the last post I made. ^

It did indeed load up Metro again as it seemed it was going to do after seeing mapList.getMapIndices report 0 1. But once it loaded it again after it ended the round initially, then mapList.getMapIndices reported 1 2. I'm keeping my eye on it to see if it happens to change again. I'm not actually sure exactly when it changed back to 0 1 the first time around.
ImageImage
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

On my server, it seems to reset the index during the 4th map in the cycle. Doesn't matter what map, as long as it's the fourth map. Bam! Back to 0 1.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Okay, so mapList.getMapIndices finally retained 1 2 instead of reveting back to 0 1 and went to the next (3rd) map in my TDM rotation - Gulf of Oman. Now mapList.getMapIndices reports 2 3 but we'll see if that sticks...
ImageImage
XDE4TH
A regular
A regular

Post by XDE4TH »

I can't even force my server to load Caspian Border for the life of me!!!!!!!!

I've tried only running three maps(Operation Firestorm, Caspian Border, Gulf of Oman) and it skips it in the normal rotation. It won't accept it as a next map and tell it go to next map.

I've tried the NFO admin daemon and can't get it to work either.

Its like it just flat out refuses to play Caspian Border on our server....Really getting sick and tired of this shit.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Okay, so it actually got to the end of my TDM rotation (4th map, Caspian Border). At the start of the map, mapList.getMapIndices correctly reported 3 0 but somewhere along the way it has changed to 0 1 which means that it won't go back up to the top of the rotation and play the first map. Rather, it will go to the second map in the rotation.

Hope all of this info I have been throwing your way helps!
ImageImage
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

I just posted up my testing and info in the other thread named "Second Assault Goes to Siege" about problems with the map cycle with the new Second Assault maps. This issue started at 7am this morning when I first got our server up with the four new maps in rotation. I'm running only the four new maps currently. Would advise many to read that other topic post area as well.
Last edited by markym on Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nerfbacon
New to forums
New to forums

Post by nerfbacon »

A new twist that I experienced for the first time. I used next round to move the server to Metro DOM. We played Metro DOM with no issues. Then it went to Operation Locker DOM(not sure why, server is set to alternate DOM -> TDM -> DOM -> TDM). Finished the round on Operation Locker, scoreboard ran, received awards etc. Next round loads after timer and its back to Shanghai DOM. Look at the scoreboard and all of the scores are there from last round - Kills, Deaths, Points, Etc - but we are moving forward with a new round.

Lockers round that finished - http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ba ... 318949000/

Ill link the Siege round when its done.

As an additional note the map rotation when viewed on battlelog is back to all core domination maps 2 rounds per map.
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

TimSad wrote:Okay, so it actually got to the end of my TDM rotation (4th map, Caspian Border). At the start of the map, mapList.getMapIndices correctly reported 3 0 but somewhere along the way it has changed to 0 1 which means that it won't go back up to the top of the rotation and play the first map. Rather, it will go to the second map in the rotation.

Hope all of this info I have been throwing your way helps!
That's exactly what mine does. It's correct as the 4th map start but somewhere in there, it changes to 0 1.
nerfbacon
New to forums
New to forums

Post by nerfbacon »

Here is the round of siege that stacked onto the previous scores - http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ba ... 318949000/

This round ended at 8:04pm CST. The round lasted about 15 minutes. The previous round ended at around 7:48PM CST.
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

On our Locker/Metro server... it'll play Metro Only. It's the second map on the list. However... if I manually set locker as the next map. It runs fine, same for our All Maps server.
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com