Second Assault goes to Seige

Clumppy
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Second Assault goes to Seige

Post by Clumppy »

Right now I only have the Second Assault maps in my rotation and we'll get through one map fine but half way through the next it just changes maps on it's own and goes to Siege of Shanghai even though I don't have it in rotation? Anyone else having this issue?
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Second Assault goes to Seige

Post by wihgaming »

I'm having the same problem, but with mine, the server only plays Metro, Firestorm, and Oman. It won't play anything else even though the map list contains all the other maps. Between the 3 that it runs, it runs them randomly without any order...
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

MP_Siege is the default map that the game uses when the map that is supposed to load is invalid with the properties selected for it.

Does this happen even without 3rd party tools running?
Clumppy
A regular
A regular

Re: Second Assault goes to Siege

Post by Clumppy »

I haven't tried running procon off yet no.
Cyberbang3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cyberbang3r »

Yes, happening when just running NFO map cycler :?
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Mine seems to keep going back to Caspian.
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
Clumppy
A regular
A regular

Post by Clumppy »

Does anyone know if all servers are experiencing this issue or just us? I haven't tried playing on another server just because I am trying to figure out my own. lol
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Clumppy, I can tell you that many customers are reporting it, but that we didn't see it with our own test server. We're still trying to pin down what differences account for this. My latest theory is that it might relate to vars.mpExperience or to running the SA maps in other game modes than CTF, but this is not tested.

I'm also sending logs to DICE for their review. If you have a good example of a problem occurring with your server (such as "it was supposed to play map x and mode y at z time, but the map it loaded was siege" or "at x time, it randomly changed the map to siege in the middle of a round"), then please let us know in a support request and I will try to pull your log to send. The timestamp information will be important.
Sorry
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sorry »

We are having issues. I used easy setup to set the 4 2nd assault maps conquest large maps only. The server wont play oman. I deleted all the maps and entered the 4 in easy setup with same problem. Right now it is on metro but the maplist says caspien, but not sure if a procon bug.
Sorry
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sorry »

Sorry for double post. One of the admins deleted all the maps and re added with 2 rounds per map instead of 1 which we normally run. That seemed to fix the problem.
Clumppy
A regular
A regular

Post by Clumppy »

Well after testing a little more over the last couple hours I seem to be having issues with Gulf of Oman. When it starts to get near the end of the round 150ish tickets left it will change the map on it's own.

My server as mentioned earlier is just running the 4 maps from SA and is only Conquest Large. I just pulled Gulf of Oman out and will try with just the 3 maps going to see if it does the same thing.
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

Mates, I reported this issue to NFO this morning very early on at 6:55am ..

Tue, Feb 18 2014 6:55am
Hi guys -- so I have only Second Assault maps in rotation right now and three times during Gulf of Oman the map just up and changes over to Siege of Shanghi ---which I don't even have in my rotation. We are running Normal Official via Easy Tab with the NFO Map Cycle -- it seems to happen randomly. I don't think the server is crashing but usually when it does it comes back up on Siege. This issue is very odd. Can you tell if my server is crashing. I'm suspecting a probably with the Levolution/Sand Storm might be causing something to go wrong.

It then progressively got worse -- to fix the problem I had to turn off the Map Preset that I had on for Conquest Classic and change it to just run my own maps. Since that change I've not seen Siege force itself into the cycle or mid map. However running just the new maps via the NFO Easy Tab and or just the Admin list in my server the maps sometimes play twice even when I want them to play once -- Caspian is the worst offender. The maps don't seem to follow my map cycle at all ...and Caspian likes to force itself to play more often then my cycle calls for or for more rounds then my cycle calls for. I've been posting back and forth with NFO team about all my testing and findings since this morning. Hope this helps us all pin down the issue. I do not run Procon or any third party tools on our 60 slot server with CQL maps.
XDE4TH
A regular
A regular

Post by XDE4TH »

That is the exact opposite of my problem markym....I just now got our server to play Caspian Border for the first time(how, I have no clue?) after 2hrs of fighting with it!! I do run Procon but no plugins that effect or change the maplist and I usually make my maplist directly through the maplist.txt and don't normally touch it.
mikedbom
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by mikedbom »

Just happened ... Was playing Paracel when the game ended and put us on siege. Score stayed the same. Not running any SA maps right now.
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

I'm going to experiment running the same map for the first and last spot on the rotoation (All SA Maps). My theory after it plays the last map, it goes the the 2nd map of the rotation. So in essence, when your server starts with the first map as normal. Once it goes through the 4 maps, it plays the first map again (as the last one on the rotation.). Then it should, go 2-5 not skipping any maps.

Firestorm
Caspian
Oman
Metro
Firestorm
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com