Second Assault server browser Icon not staying locked

markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Second Assault server browser Icon not staying locked

Post by markym »

I've been doing some research on this issue. I checked several map presets and checked a dozen other severs in the browser with different presets running mixed maps including China Rising and Second Assault. This is happening to all the servers I could find that were running a mixture of maps which included Second Assault and China Rising. For some reason the Second Assault server icon in Battlelog does not want to stay persistent even when Second Assault maps are in the server rotation map cycle. The China Rising server icon stays persistent when any China Rising maps are in the server rotation and I feel that should be happening with Second Assault too. All expansion Icons your server was running in BF3 always stayed persistent in the server browser if any of the maps were in rotation for any expansions. I'm testing today to see if I just run original maps with Second Assault and zero China Rising maps if the SA browser icon will stay persistent. One things for sure -- something is wrong/bugged. Because I had 60 people in a map and then next map my server went down to like 12 players. This bug is killing my server population even in the Official mode which is supposed to push players in. Meantime, my understanding was that a server would warn a player before joining that they couldn't join if they didn't have the expansion the server was running. Not that it would let them in on one map and kick them on the other. That's going to bork our server population and is clearing out servers. When a huge population drop happens like that people up and leave the server.

Anyone else seeing this issue too?
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Second Assault server browser Icon not staying locked

Post by markym »

update. This is happening even with only Original maps and SA maps in rotation. The Second Assault server browser icon only shows up on my server when an SA map is playing. This is not the case with China Rising expansion. If you run any China Rising maps the browser icon for CR always stays persistent with your server in the browser.

Edge -- is their any documentation you can find on this as I think this is a bug that needs to be fixed on EA's end with Battlelog. The SA server browser icon should stay on near our servers when any SA maps are in rotation.