Servers Dumping Players

TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Servers Dumping Players

Post by TimSad »

Hey, why are my servers, one by one, dumping all the players and dropping off of Battlelog?
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Servers Dumping Players

Post by Edge100x »

A different Internap customer in LA was being hit with a large NTP reflection attack. I've posted an update to the events log and (as always) I am following up with them on steps that can be taken to improve their systems.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Seems to be constantly happening throughout today. I just got back to my computer to see that my Conquest servers was back to empty after seeding and filling it the first time all its players were dumped today. However, this one could have been a crash because as I'm typing this I see now that the server is at an uptime of 1h 51m. :(
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, Internap has definitely been struggling at times in LA. We haven't seen many full dumps overall, but there have definitely been bursts of packet loss.

They have a new null-route system that's supposed to help, but so far, it's mostly making things worse.
GaWebDevDotCom
A regular
A regular

Post by GaWebDevDotCom »

TimSad wrote: However, this one could have been a crash because as I'm typing this I see now that the server is at an uptime of 1h 51m. :(
2 instances full 64 server dumps in less than 12 hours today. I was told they were Blazes. However what seems odd to me is the server-up time like Tim said is showing a restart? Previously with a Blaze the server would as I recall stay running on the very same map. That was the tell tell sign of a Blaze event right?

Has that changed?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If the server fully restarted and you didn't trigger it, and our system didn't trigger it, then it was likely a crash and not a Blaze event (or, a Blaze-caused crash). DICE is sent automatic reports of these. I know that SA has crash bugs that they are investigating.