setting up the pbss

tal188
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

setting up the pbss

Post by tal188 »

cannot get the pbss to upload to view them.
Can anyone help me set up the server to do this.
I thought it was set up correctly, but no pb folder appears on the ftp.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: setting up the pbss

Post by kraze »

If you want automated screenshots you need to enable it in your pbsv.cfg file first, though we do not recommend that. For any screenshots to show up, you'll first need to take one of a player.

You can use punkBuster.pb_sv_command "pb_sv_getss name" to get a screenshot of a player.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
XDE4TH
A regular
A regular

Post by XDE4TH »

To me, as a fellow server admin and heavily involved in the anti-cheat community, I feel PBSS are highly important. We don't notice any impact on our servers performance and it is a great way to potentially catch cheaters if that is the concern that Kraze has with auto PBSS.

At PBBans, from BF3 there have been 3,456 bans caused by dirty PBSS.
At PBBans, from BF4 there have been 150 bans caused by dirty PBSS.
At ACI, from BF3 there have been 5,168 bans caused by dirty PBSS.
At ACI, from BF4 there have been 87 bans caused by dirty PBSS.

Now granted, keep in mind these numbers only come from servers who streaming their PB logs to these 3rd party anti-cheat sites and also who check and submit any dirty PBSS from their server.

I'd be more than happy to continue to help you setup PBSS and potentially get setup streaming to 3rd party anti-cheat like ACI or PBBans. In BattleField 4 it would be protected your server by ACI having 888 banned GUIDs(accounts) and PBBans has 2,223.
*Some of these bans may overlap at both sites if the server streamed to both when the account raised a violation. Some of the bans may only be held by one site over the other.
tal188
New to forums
New to forums

Post by tal188 »

was able to get it working with pbbans.
a little different than COD4 but very similar.

Good tool to use, I agree.
We have over 1000 bans.

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-accbans-ab4782.html
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

To clarify on what kraze said about not recommending automatic screen shots, we do not recommend these because they hurt the performance of the server. Specifically, when PB is processing a screen shot, the main server thread has to wait, which can cause skipping in-game. Because of this, we instead suggest only taking screen shots from suspicious players, or new players.