Obliteration/Rush Servers Crashing?

TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Obliteration/Rush Servers Crashing?

Post by TimSad »

I run an Obliteration & Rush mixed server and lately the server seems to crash at some point in the day every day (ever since the last update or maybe even the one before that?). I believe it's been happening somewhere in the transfer of loading the next map. Just today I noticed it coming off of an Obliteration round and loading a Rush round. I'm not sure if the fault lies with one of those game modes solely or if the server is crashing because the server runs both game modes.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone hereabouts has witnessed their Rush server, Obliteration server, or mixed server crashing at least once a day as well. It sucks because that's already the hardest one to populate so I end up getting it filled late afternoons only for it to crash some hours after and never regain its players for the rest of the day.

Side Thought:
It's sad that players never rejoin servers after crashes anymore. Even when they know the good servers they don't have the mental capacity to stick around like they did in the old days. It seems players are deeply self-centric nowadays. :(
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Obliteration/Rush Servers Crashing?

Post by Edge100x »

If you're running the XP0 maps, then those are known to be crash-prone right now. One thing that makes them crash more is manually setting vars.teamFactionOverride.

DICE is looking into the crash bugs and should be continuing to address more with each patch.
GaWebDevDotCom
A regular
A regular

Post by GaWebDevDotCom »

Tim it's not just Rush Obliteration and while setting faction override may increase the likelihood of a crash as John states, I can attest from my experience even default settings on XP0 are highly susceptible to server crashes.

Just rebooted my 64 running XPO CNQ large (default settings) worked extremely hard to seed and fill.
Running on less than >2HRS Server Up time and full 64 players... BAM crash.

If it's not a Blaze it's a server crash. Same issues different day, still paying same premium BF4 Server Costs.
OddJob001_XI
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by OddJob001_XI »

Hopefully the patch fixes these issues.

Our server was crashing 3-4 times a day for the last 2 weeks. Generally it was always on a map change to a Second Assault Map. We never used faction over rides.

We ended up removing Ultimate Map Manager plugin, leaving all presets on Normal, and letting procon itself handle the map list. We also removed all non CQ modes for SA maps. Have not had a crash in 2 days. knock knock.

Now that the new patch is out, going to try and add SA Obliteration and CTF back in the mix.