Server Performance

Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Server Performance

Post by Edge100x »

OddJob001_XI, the health page would be just your VDS instance, if you had a VDS, so it would not show the entire machine hosting the VDS, no. The maximum memory free would be the amount ordered with the VDS. If you see 112 GB free, then you have a server in our regular system and not on a VDS.
OddJob001_XI
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by OddJob001_XI »

Yes, but do you not use Xen VMs to host individual virtualized servers?
OddJob001_XI
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by OddJob001_XI »

On a side note, who can I talk to about this Punkbuster possible issue you describe? In our ticket they have mentioned nothing of that.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

OddJob001_XI wrote:Yes, but do you not use Xen VMs to host individual virtualized servers?
We do not use Xen VMs to host our standard servers. They run on bare hardware. The only thing virtualized in our network would be VDS's purchased through this page.
https://www.nfoservers.com/order-virtua ... server.php
On a side note, who can I talk to about this Punkbuster possible issue you describe? In our ticket they have mentioned nothing of that.
Are you referring to the generic PB configurations? If so, the way PB is integrated into the game if it needs to stop to do something(take a screenshot, process something from the client/server) it will cause the server to stop and wait until it's finished, before anything else can proceed. This is likely represented to you in-game by micro skips or stuttering.

This is one of the main reasons we do not recommend users run autoSs. I highly recommend users on a daily basis issue these commands to their servers.

punkBuster.pb_sv_command "pb_sv_update"
punkBuster.pb_sv_command "pb_sv_restart"

Rarely is their a PB update that it finds, but it won't hurt to issue the command. I'm pretty confident it's the reboot that plays the heaviest factor here.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
OddJob001_XI
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by OddJob001_XI »

Are you referring to the generic PB configurations? If so, the way PB is integrated into the game if it needs to stop to do something(take a screenshot, process something from the client/server) it will cause the server to stop and wait until it's finished, before anything else can proceed. This is likely represented to you in-game by micro skips or stuttering.

This is one of the main reasons we do not recommend users run autoSs. I highly recommend users on a daily basis issue these commands to their servers.

punkBuster.pb_sv_command "pb_sv_update"
punkBuster.pb_sv_command "pb_sv_restart"

Rarely is their a PB update that it finds, but it won't hurt to issue the command. I'm pretty confident it's the reboot that plays the heaviest factor here.[/quote]

I am not sure what autoSs is, however I will definitely run those commands on a daily basis. I do restart the server every single morning though, does this not also update or restart the PB server? Or are they separate of each other? Anyway, we were able to disable all plugins and scripts, and still are getting performance regardless of the number of players. I will try these commands above and see how it works out.

Edit: Lastly, can these be run on a populated server or do they kick players?
OddJob001_XI
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by OddJob001_XI »

Sorry about the editing. This forum does some weird things with quotes and edit times lol
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I am not sure what autoSs is, however I will definitely run those commands on a daily basis. I do restart the server every single morning though, does this not also update or restart the PB server? Or are they separate of each other? Anyway, we were able to disable all plugins and scripts, and still are getting performance regardless of the number of players. I will try these commands above and see how it works out.

Edit: Lastly, can these be run on a populated server or do they kick players?
AutoSs would be the automated PB screenshots. PB is supposed to update itself, but it's rare that it actually works properly. The commands can be ran with a full server, but it's possible you could see some small skips or spikes during the reboot of PB itself. Though, they should be minimal.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
OddJob001_XI
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by OddJob001_XI »

Thanks guys. Will try this out over the next couple days.