Battlefield 4 Is Dying Off

TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Battlefield 4 Is Dying Off

Post by TimSad »

It looks like BF4 is taking a sudden fall. I can't even get any of my 4 servers that were once always rocking filled with even my 3 seeding accounts. The best I can do is seed all damn day with all 3 accounts to finally get one of the servers filled to a relatively populated level. I dunno, maybe it's just because people don't like West Coast servers anymore? Hmmm... I'm terribly sorry to be taking some of my business away from you NFO folks but it looks like I may have no choice. :( At this current rate, it looks like the best I can do is keep maybe 2 BF4 servers with you guys.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
rymax99
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Battlefield 4 Is Dying Off

Post by rymax99 »

You have to do what you have to do.

Maybe you can leave 2 BF4 servers up and replace the other underpopulated ones with BF3 servers. BF3 was free on Origin not too long ago, so there's a lot of new players.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Honestly, with the plethora of problems you complain about with your BF3 and now BF4 servers, I am quite surprised you keep any online at all. I am quite proud of the fact I never ran a BF4 server nor bought any of the DLC. I regret having bought the game itself, and I do not plan to buy anything else produced in the BF series. It died for me.

Perhaps you would do better to just focus on running one solid server. I mean honestly, how many servers can you personally play on at one time? Keep one server, keep it full, play on your full server whenever you like. You save money and headaches dealing with so much incompetence on EA's part.

Just my opinion.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Around 150,000 people are actively playing the game across five game platforms: Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PC.
Source: http://www.engadget.com/2014/06/13/ea-d ... w-e3-2014/

Whether that means concurrent, or total players, that is INCREDIBLY low for AAA title less than a year old with a huge focus on MP content.
Not a NFO employee
barhund
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by barhund »

Mine seems to stay full pretty much 24/7... But then I have it set to official so i get the play now traffic.
stryfe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by stryfe »

One thing is the fact they released the Hardline beta so of course everyone is jumping on that bandwagon.. And yeah, it is slowly dying off, my server which used to avg 64/64 24x7 doesn't anymore either. I'm sure with the new DLC that's coming and the beta getting shut down things will pick back up.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

As of this post.

Currently online players:

PC

PS3

XBOX360

XBOXONE

PS4

http://bf4stats.com/
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

TacTicToe wrote:As of this post.

Currently online players:

PC

PS3

XBOX360

XBOXONE

PS4

http://bf4stats.com/
YIKES! That's pretty low for PC! :O
ImageImage
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Either those numbers are off, or we're a much bigger player than I thought.

We haven't seen much of a drop-off for BF4 over the last month. Numbers are relatively flat.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Edge100x wrote:Either those numbers are off, or we're a much bigger player than I thought.

We haven't seen much of a drop-off for BF4 over the last month. Numbers are relatively flat.
Weird! Something doesn't seem right there. Especially considering that I know a good chunk of BF4 players are right now playing either the Hardline beta, participating in the CTE version of BF4, or gone back over to BF3 because of BF4 problems and since BF3 went free for about a week there.
ImageImage
barhund
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by barhund »

Whatever they rolled out in that origin patch that caused all those mass suspensions seems to have had an effect on my server population... It didn't fill up like normal yesterday, and hasn't filled up yet since the morning restart (which is unusual).
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Not to mention players seem to be getting banned left and right now.
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

WE HAVE IDENTIFIED AN ISSUE WITH PUNKBUSTER SERVICES AND ARE WORKING TO RESOLVE. THERE SHOULD NO LONGER BE ANY UNWARRANTED BANS ISSUED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
Doh!!
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Just when you think they can't fail anymore...

They one-up the anti.
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
Cerious101
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Cerious101 »

Edge100x wrote:Either those numbers are off, or we're a much bigger player than I thought.

About ten months ago I did a painstaking survey of the top 100 US BF3 servers, 66% were on NFO Servers. We moved our Servers immediately, that made the number closer to 70%.
As I've looked around this trend has continued, I would bet you have well over 75% of the BF4 servers in the US top 100.
It is important to note that ranking means shit to a server, the ranking is a symptom of traffic. That is why I used it a point to sample server success and stability.
A more stable server will hold traffic longer and at higher populations. Stability is a dynamic situation that combines not only the GSP's hardware but, software and network. As well as the ability of the GSP to maintain skilled tech staff and quality infrastructure.
Take anyone of those out of the mix and the over all quality of the service degrades sharply.

I tried to explain that all networks are not equal here in a thread at ppbans http://www.pbbans.com/forums/server-ddo ... ntry474433 ( if your not a "Streaming Admin" there you won't be able to see it, sorry) most of the one's that replied believe that most all networks are equal, and ddoses for that matter. Neither are equal, not even a little.

As far a BF4 dying, we run and fill as many servers as we chose to run.