BF4 server lag

tofasst
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BF4 server lag

Post by tofasst »

One of my servers crashed earlier. When i tried to play the server, after it emptied out, I first got "arbitration error" and then " port 3655 " error. ( I got these arbitration error first time, then port 3665 several times before i restarted the server) After I restarted the server, everything is back to normal.

My second server started experiencing lag around the same time but never crashed.... server health says 35% usage. Players complaining of rubber banding, game freezing, etc.
Not a complaint just wondering if there's an underlying cause
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: BF4 server lag

Post by kraze »

According to some post on their forums "arbitration error" relates to Blaze. Which likely means you were unable to make a connection to Blaze. The second port error would mean that for some reason the port your client was using to connect to the server or communicate with the backend. Why it suddenly decided not to work and than start working is puzzling it's possible it was a specific blaze issue.
My second server started experiencing lag around the same time but never crashed.... server health says 35% usage. Players complaining of rubber banding, game freezing, etc.
Not a complaint just wondering if there's an underlying cause
As for the server lag. Did you join the server and see the lag for yourself? Did you also make any recent changes to the server?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
tofasst
New to forums
New to forums

Post by tofasst »

I did join and see the lag myself. Normally, the server cpu usage is at 10-15%, with the lag it's at 35-40%. And yes, it is odd, cause I've never had either error before, the arbitration or the 3665 port.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

tofasst wrote:I did join and see the lag myself. Normally, the server cpu usage is at 10-15%, with the lag it's at 35-40%. And yes, it is odd, cause I've never had either error before, the arbitration or the 3665 port.

CPU usage isn't likely an issue. We purposely keep it low and start load balancing at 40%. That's less than half of the machine be utilized, which is amazing.

Do you have AutoSs enabled? Also when is the last time you issued a PB update?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

In terms of Blaze, it did seem to have some scattered issues on Saturday and it is possible that this related to the performance concern also. I was not able to capture good data on this.
barhund
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by barhund »

I saw something weird on sunday. Server was putting along just fine was mostly full. It went to change maps and everyone got the black loading screen of death. I was talking to the guys in my squad, simply rejoining did not load the map. I had to log into the control panel and issue a map change command to get it unstuck.

I figured it was a fluke with blaze or something like that. Ran fine for the rest of the day and once its filled up today seems to be doing fine.
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

FYI (a bit unrelated) We still see lots of lag when the server has been up for a long time with players. You will need to restart.
barhund
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by barhund »

I remember reading something in the patch notes for the high frequency updates stating that it caused server degredation faster requiring more frequent server restarts. Daily restarts seem to keep that at bay for me.
barhund
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by barhund »

Umm... It was full and just totally emptied out again