Server restart problem

s1ngular1ty
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Server restart problem

Post by s1ngular1ty »

When my server restarts with the vars.mpExperience CQCLASSIC variable set it always starts with Siege of Shanghai but I want it to start with the 1st map of my maplist if I'm not actively managing the server.

I added maplist.load to the startup.txt file which sets the maplist back to what I want after the restart but it doesn't fix the problem of siege of shanghai loading instead of the 1st map of my list.

How can I fix this so that my maplist is loaded after a restart AND the server starts on the 1st map listed in my maplist?????

I would think this should be possible. I do not want to use the NFO map cycler because it causes problems with Procon. When you double click on a map in the maplist in Procon to switch to the map, a different map loads than what you clicked on, when you have the NFO map cycler enabled. It seems the NFO map cycler is overriding what Procon is telling the server to do.

So how can I fix this without the NFO map cycler.

Thanks
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Server restart problem

Post by Edge100x »

The mpExperience value is meant to be a predefined map cycle that you don't change, so everything that you do to try to change that is essentially a hack. The NFO map cycler does properly hack around it by changing the map a couple of extra times automatically. Presumably there are Procon plugins that would do the same thing.

Changing maps requires implementing a new map cycle and then switching to it, so it makes sense that Procon's functionality would not be compatible. Both are competing to replace that map cycle.