Need some help on procon

emmettj
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Need some help on procon

Post by emmettj »

I bought a server from NFO today and quickly found out that I suck at setting things up. I figured out all the settings that are on the NFO control panel and I found that I need to setup procon on a layer so I do not have to keep my computer on 24/7.

I setup a procon layer with purepings.com But it pretty much just had the same server settings that NFO has. I cant get plugins onto procon like, auto balance, punish, rank, map voteing, vote kick. After a few hours of messing with it and trying to find info online I gave up and canceled server till I can find someone to help me.

I figure I need to instal the plugins on the purepings.com layer but I keep messing it up and cant figure it out. There is no procon screen on the purepings.com layer site where I can visually see whats going on. I do not understand how I add the plugins on my computer procon and have them magically work with the plugins on the purepings.com setup. Its complicated.

Is there anyone that can help me with this and just get the plugins to work or explain some stuff in chat or something. I really liked how the NFO server ran and how fast it was populated but everyone left when there were 15 people on 1 team and 5 on the other cause autobalance was off even though the server settings on my NFO control panel said they were and also no map voting or punish for TK cause I want to have a hardcore rush 64 player going. I have a decent sized clan and we need a server but we are all noobs at this stuff.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Need some help on procon

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

The screen at purepings is identical to what you see on your pc once you connect to the layer. And for plugins, you just upload them through ftp to the BF4 folder, restart the the layer and reconnect to the layer and they should appear. Now they are ready for setup.

Also too bad you went with one of the most expensive companies.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
barhund
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by barhund »

Yeah... EA's vanilla autobalancer is horrible.
Like Pain said you have to download the plugin from the myrcon website, and then put all of the plugin files into the folder for procon. Once you do that, and reload procon plugins/restart procon it will appear in the list.
emmettj
New to forums
New to forums

Post by emmettj »

Thats what I was hopeing it would be like but for some reason I failed miserably and could not find a screen that looked just like the one on my comp lol.
emmettj
New to forums
New to forums

Post by emmettj »

I found a site called rconnet.de that seems way easier to do this admin stuff with, you just click on boxes to enable already set up scripts on the control panel of page, what do you think of http://www.rconnet.de/ it seems way easier then procon
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

But it doesn't offer the flexability that Procon plugins do.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

We use both paid version of rconnet and procon.

I had issues with procon layer hosting with certain provider since that was introduced in bc2 (purepings/hyp) was not the one I used.
I find it easier (dont ask me why) to rent a VDS (one core) to do my procon hosting there instead.
Procon has various plugins that do the same thing, that's the advantage.

Rconnet is extremely useful when you need to admin outside the game and basic ingame plugins.

I have easy access on my phone (allows me to ban or kick when necessary)

There is a free version of rconnet you can also use but I am not sure what the limitations will be.