onemoar
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Cerious101's trolling

Post by onemoar »

pretty dam interesting that about 2 days after CMW posted this
http://www.cmwgaming.com/news/cat/cmw/s ... ck-fr-r103
Cerious101 hops on and trys to quickly discredit them with this complete horseshit

keep digging @Cerious101 you are looking more and more guilty by the second if I was you I would stfu and lay off whatever you have been smoking because its fucking with your judgement

disclaimer I am in no way affiliated with either party outside the fact that I used to play on both servers I am also a former customer of nfoservers from about 10 years ago my interest in this little spat is my own and only because I have a low tolerance for the complete and utter horse shit cerious101 is allegedly displaying over fucking server ranking

my personal suspicion is that Cerious101 has help from somebody inside nfoservers a sysadmin needs to give the logs a once over and have a looksy
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Cerious101's trolling

Post by soja »

Good job on doing the EXACT WRONG THING TO DO when you are being targeted by an attacker.

Giving him publicity and credit only feeds his ego, and encourages him to keep doing it.

We have been attacked and nulled on all of our top servers, simply ignoring the attackers and letting our members know about the downtime results in them getting bored and leaving us alone.

Keep in mind they are paying for their little botnet and every time they attack NFO, John learns from the attacks. New attack types, new botnets, are all learned from being attacked.

Posting in public this much time and effort this community took into this guy, I can guarantee you HE IS LOVING EVERY SECOND OF IT.

Seriously, just leave it alone.
Not a NFO employee
onemoar
New to forums
New to forums

Post by onemoar »

as far as I am concerned he can have all the free PR he wants I know who he is and the BF community knows who he is
as I said I am no way affiliated with either group I just refuse to stand for this complete horse shit
especially when the little fuckwad trys to play mind-games as he did here hes litterally doing anything in his merger power to discredit the people hes accused of ddosing which tells me hes got something to hide
rymax99
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rymax99 »

This isn't really the place for drama and this doesn't have much to do with NFO. Whoever wrote that post is just giving the attackers attention and that's what they thrive off of. Letting the attacker know that the server rank is being ruined is just going to make them continue. While letting people know that the server is down from DDoS isn't necessarily bad, however it is bad if you're going to go into every detail and let the attacker know that they're accomplishing more than simple downtime. The comments on that post from their community members are typical "report them to their ISP", "DDoS is illegal", etc. While most comments like that are valid points, they're coming from people who as far as I can see, don't really have experience in the field and they obviously don't know just how difficult it can be to track attacks down to a single person and that it isn't just one IP that's that's attacking the services, if it was, it wouldn't be a 'distributed' attack. It's likely coming from thousands of compromised machines which are making up a botnet. Reporting thousands of IPs that are compromised often isn't viable. The only viable way I can think of doing that that is time worthy would be to potentially use a script to sort a list of IPs used in the attacks by ASN's/ISPs and then reporting blocks of IPs by ASN to ISPs.
my personal suspicion is that Cerious101 has help from somebody inside nfoservers a sysadmin needs to give the logs a once over and have a looksy
That makes absolutely no sense. NFO's automated systems are what detects these attacks and places the automatic blocks in place.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I assure everyone here. There is no one on the inside at NFO providing any information here. NFO is very against attacks and have taken extreme measures to protect our clients and will continue taking measures to protect our clients from attacks.

Attacks are nothing but problems and time wasters. We've invested an insane amount of money and time to stop attacks and protect our customers. It doesn't make sense that we would throw all that down the drain.
Reporting thousands of IPs that are compromised often isn't viable. The only viable way I can think of doing that that is time worthy would be to potentially use a script to sort a list of IPs used in the attacks by ASN's/ISPs and then reporting blocks of IPs by ASN to ISPs.
This is what we do. Every attack on our network gets investigated and is run through a script which then emails the abuse contact on file. We've easily sent out hundreds of thousands of notices.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Can we lock this? These forums really arent the place to air this kind of crap.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I do not wish for our forums to be used for mudslinging or speculation about who is launching attacks. Please keep such discussion elsewhere.

As always, we will do our best to help customers to deal with attacks against their servers. Attacks come in many forms. We talk about how we do this in more depth here: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =25&t=4931

We will also investigate any credible abuse complaints about attacks that might be launched from our services here.