I banned someone for different port #

freightguy
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

I banned someone for different port #

Post by freightguy »

Hey all. I originally asked support for help. They suggested I post here. Last night in game while scrolling thru Procon. I noticed a guy who was running off of a different port. When looking at players it shows their Ipaddress:3659. 3659 being the BF4/EA port to play. When I looked at this guy it was Ipaddress:2266. After searching the internet port 2266 is know to be a port hackers use apparently. Now I don't know if this guy was cheating. I don't believe so. Looking at his stats a couple questionable, but I was more concerned about the different port #. This guy has played on our server a while. Why I just noticed now is beyond me. He contacted me and I told him why and as soon as I find a viable answer I would get back to him

So my question is. Does this raise a red flag? Is this something to be concerned about? Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Scott
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: I banned someone for different port #

Post by soja »

Players can specify their own clientport when launching their game. This is useful if you have 2 players on the same game server behind a NAT firewall. Personally, it wouldn't raise any concerns with me, but I don't run battlefield servers.

His game could of autoselected the port if the default 3659 wasn't available.
Not a NFO employee