PRoCon changing server name after map change.

ZacharyS
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

PRoCon changing server name after map change.

Post by ZacharyS »

Well I hope I'm in the right section for this :wink:

For several months now our Clan's BF4 server has been having an issue where the name would change after map rotation no matter how many times we set the name using the "easy setup" tab.

In the hope of helping others with the same issue this is what we found was causing it.
  • We're using PRoCon (running on our own NFO VDS) and a plugin called "Ultimate Map Manager"
  • "Ultimate Map Manager" has an option to name the server dependant on the list being used
  • As the name suggests this option actually renames the server to match the map list that you're using
  • Make sure that the name of the map list doesn't conflict (is different) to the name you want to use for your server, otherwise on every map change the name will be changed to whatever the plugin has set.

Now this may seem like a totally obvious thing :roll: :lol: and looking at it now I can't help thinking to myself that I should have noticed it sooner, but this has been an issue for us (me) for a considerable length of time and I hope that this post may help someone avoid the problem. Contact me here or on the Clan's site, if you need any help resolving this issue, especially if you can't find the option I refer to in the post.

Zac. :D