Battlefield 4 rcon documentation

jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Battlefield 4 rcon documentation

Post by jaythegreat1 »

TimSad wrote:Speaking of advertisements, during the beta, I recall seeing some sort of Battlefield banner to the left of the loading screen. Is that something that'll be space for vars.serverBanner to come in for our servers? I also noticed that vars.serverDescription will be showing on that loading screen. :)
I'm pretty sure both show up on the server loading screen now, which.. there was zero reason for it not to in BF3.
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We've been told that the banner won't work in Battlelog. But, I don't know if they're planning to change that later.

Bart, I'll be modifying the ! commands to use PB, if it does allow it.
Bart
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Bart »

Thank you kindly! :D
badbadrobot
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by badbadrobot »

Edge100x wrote:Bart, I'll be modifying the ! commands to use PB, if it does allow it.
This hopefully will be a good work around, however we have spent hours and hours on making our own admin tools to record/track everything which looks like it'll now be pointless, unless we redevelop for BF4 to use PB commands instead of procon commands. Sad.
Founder of GSN Gaming.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It's also possible that my guess that PB will still work is not accurate. I tried pb_sv_ban before and it responded (giving an error about the player not existing, of course, since the server was empty), but it should be possible for EB to remove it before release, or after release. Fundamentally, it would be a bug for PB to allow kick and ban in Official mode.
badbadrobot
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by badbadrobot »

Edge100x wrote:It's also possible that my guess that PB will still work is not accurate. I tried pb_sv_ban before and it responded (giving an error about the player not existing, of course, since the server was empty), but it should be possible for EB to remove it before release, or after release. Fundamentally, it would be a bug for PB to allow kick and ban in Official mode.
Understood. I realize there are no promises.
Founder of GSN Gaming.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Also, PB doesn't work in general right now. It shuts itself off right after a server is turned on, for some reason -- some sort of bug.
badbadrobot
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by badbadrobot »

Edge100x wrote:Also, PB doesn't work in general right now. It shuts itself off right after a server is turned on, for some reason -- some sort of bug.
<-- Not surprised ever by PB.
Founder of GSN Gaming.
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Any idea of what server variables can be changed without the server going to custom?
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We set up "Normal"/"Hardcore" according to the documentation, but it's possible that the documentation is wrong (as there are many other mistakes in it). When we can log into Battlelog, we'll take a look and adjust.
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

How do we issue the PB commands (e.g. PB_SV_Ban) for BF4? I don't remember, is there a console for BF4 or do I have to issue this in the procon PB console?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

You can test them out through the console we provide on the "Server control" page. Use the shortcut we provide for punkbuster.pb_sv_command <command> of !pb <command> to make it easier.
marrr
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by marrr »

10-78 Busterking
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by 10-78 Busterking »

John, it would be nice if we could right click on the player listed in the Status window of your NFO control panel and have an option to kick or ban by the click of a button.

those ! commands require us to also write their full name which can be a real pita.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

You do not have to write the full name with the ! command. You can use any part of the name. Make sure it's a unique part, so that nobody else gets acted on at the same time (it does the same to all matching players).

The nature of the Status page means that this can't be added there. I'd like to add it to the Server control page at some point, but it's a bit complicated.