vars.mpExperience not in startup.txt for Official servers?

wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

vars.mpExperience not in startup.txt for Official servers?

Post by wihgaming »

According to the EA Server admin docs,
If the server is to be set to official, an additional command (vars.mpExperience) needs to be put in the startup. All official servers needs a set experience to run. Also, please note that the mp experience will override any existing map list in the admin folder.
But I dont' see this cvar anywhere in my startup.txt file. Is it set elsewhere?

Thank you!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: vars.mpExperience not in startup.txt for Official server

Post by Edge100x »

This is another documentation mistake. vars.mpExperience is not actually required and we recommend against setting it, in favor of just using a regular mapcycle.

The option is called "Preset map cycle" on our "Easy setup" page, if you do wish to define it. That's a much more accurate name :).
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

Roger that! Thanks for the clarification, Edge100x. :)
Cris
A regular
A regular

Post by Cris »

I'd like to add to this. I noticed that when I select "use your mapcycle" , we don't seem to pick up the quick match traffic. If I change it to CQCLASSIC and restart the server, if fills up within minutes. Problem I'm seeing is its loading small conquest maps and we are running a 64 player server. I'm having to go into procon and remove these small maps and load the large every server crash. Anyone else having this problem?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Cris, I saw this today as well. I set the server to CQCLASSIC, restarted it, and bam, it instantly filled up.

Since servers with mpExperience set are still allowed to change the map cycle, I recommend combining this setting (called "Preset map cycle" on the "Easy setup" page) with our admin daemon's map cycler. It will replace whatever the game tries to run with your desired list. (But, as good citizens, we should keep that list related to the same game type -- otherwise we'll really confuse new players!)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

This is so important that I've made it a warning on the page now.
eruffini
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by eruffini »

Edge100x wrote:Cris, I saw this today as well. I set the server to CQCLASSIC, restarted it, and bam, it instantly filled up.

Since servers with mpExperience set are still allowed to change the map cycle, I recommend combining this setting (called "Preset map cycle" on the "Easy setup" page) with our admin daemon's map cycler. It will replace whatever the game tries to run with your desired list. (But, as good citizens, we should keep that list related to the same game type -- otherwise we'll really confuse new players!)
I'm a bit confused - what is "CQCLASSIC"?
Cris
A regular
A regular

Post by Cris »

Awesome! Thanks, Edge. I've set up our NFO map cycle to Conquest64 and set it to CQCLASSIC.

Thanks again:)
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

What are the acceptable settings for vars.mpExperience? Is there a CQ large variant? I just set this on my 64p conquest server and it filled within 1 minute.
Not a NFO employee
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

I've got my Easy Setup as recommended, but the first map on the server is still a 32-player CQ map instead of the 64-player CQ size. How long before the admin daemon kicks in and set the map to 64-player? Also, the daemon doesn't seem to following the order of maps I've set in the Easy Setup page.

Thanks!
Bart
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Bart »

So just to clarify John, your map cycle would just run the CQ Large maps? I'm asking because on each crash, the first map to come up is the CQ small map, would every other map be large, or am I doing something wrong?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

CQCLASSIC runs the ConquestSmall0 32-player maps, so what you'll need to do is to set up your own mapcycle with ConquestLarge0 maps, and also submit the "Easy setup" page after the first map is loaded, in order to tell the game to switch to 64 players. (This compensates for the game bug that causes game modes to load at the "recommended" player count.)
Colt
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Colt »

Edge100x wrote:CQCLASSIC runs the ConquestSmall0 32-player maps, so what you'll need to do is to set up your own mapcycle with ConquestLarge0 maps, and also submit the "Easy setup" page after the first map is loaded, in order to tell the game to switch to 64 players. (This compensates for the game bug that causes game modes to load at the "recommended" player count.)
2nd graders terms please ?

I have a custom map list using nfo Mao cycler. our server is currently full - how do I change this without emptying the server ?
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

Is that by design that CQCLASSIC runs 32-player maps? Or do you think it's a bug, John?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Colt wrote:I have a custom map list using nfo Mao cycler. our server is currently full - how do I change this without emptying the server ?
If you submit the "Easy setup" page, it will start using your cycle after the next map change.

wihgaming, I believe it's a bug, but I'm not sure.