Server Crash

TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Server Crash

Post by TimSad »

And here comes the influx of crashing! My Locker server was going for a good nearly 2 hours strong but now it has crashed 3 times within the past 25 minutes! Also, my 48 player Obliteration/Rush server crashed, too!
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

OK, I was finally playing for a crash.

Here is what happens:

First the server starts getting laggy, folks start to rubberband and bitch.
then it kicks everyone out, but does not crash, the same map keeps going.
A bunch of folks reconnect,
then it crashes, disappears from the server list, reboots and restarts the first map.

I know they must know, but it seems like a memory leak problem.
XDE4TH
A regular
A regular

Post by XDE4TH »

We just had our 64 player server(with 2commanders, 2 spectators) became really laggy, to the point where it was unplayable. We restarted it after the end of the round and it was good for like 5mins. Then everyone froze in place and it dumped.

atlanta-icosa30-2
CPU usage: 35.26%
Free physical memory: 111946mb
Machine uptime: 7 days, 16 hours, 18 minutes, 9 seconds
Stats just after server crash.
PowersGaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by PowersGaming »

Clumppy wrote:Not really sure what is up but my server will run fine all day and maybe have one or two crashes through out the afternoon early evening but around 8pm EDT it will start crashing every map. Anyone else find this happening to them?
Yep... Same time for us. Wonder if it has to do with the increased traffic load at that particular time ? Or do you guys find a specific map crashes the server ?
XDE4TH
A regular
A regular

Post by XDE4TH »

XDE4TH wrote:We just had our 64 player server(with 2commanders, 2 spectators) became really laggy, to the point where it was unplayable. We restarted it after the end of the round and it was good for like 5mins. Then everyone froze in place and it dumped.

atlanta-icosa30-2
CPU usage: 35.26%
Free physical memory: 111946mb
Machine uptime: 7 days, 16 hours, 18 minutes, 9 seconds
Stats just after server crash.
Same server, just crashed again....Different maps both times it dumped.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Strange thing is, that right now my servers seem to be crashing in pairs. One of the 48 man servers go, then one of the 64 man server a minute or two after...
ImageImage
Clumppy
A regular
A regular

Post by Clumppy »

My server just had a crash again. Map it was on was MP_Damage aka Lancang Dam. Got through one full map and dam is second in list which crashed after about 5 mins into game.
Fire488
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Fire488 »

My 64 slot server is crashing as well. Is this an EA problem or an NFO problem?

<a href="http://www.gametracker.com/ser ... t=""/></a>
Last edited by Fire488 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clumppy
A regular
A regular

Post by Clumppy »

Just played on another server which wasn't NFO and it was also playing the Lancang Dam and again it crashed about 5 mins in. It was also 64 players.
Fire488
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Fire488 »

Fire488 wrote:My 64 slot server is crashing as well. Is this an EA problem or an NFO problem?

<a href="http://www.gametracker.com/ser ... t=""/></a>
Note- I tried to add the code from Gametraker and failed and I can no longer edit the post for some odd reason, but you get the point.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Probably not an allowed bbcode for posts, but it's allowed in the signature area of your account.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
Treefrog
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Treefrog »

We went down to 2 maps 64Rush... It didn't help.. still crash.. once it starts crashing it will about every 30mins..
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

THREE of my four servers just crashed back-to-back! There is definitely some sort of pattern here! The only one that didn't crash in this back-to-back crashing phase was the Conquest rotation server. Hope this bit of data helps!
ImageImage
Ruger
A regular
A regular

Post by Ruger »

Yep...mine started crashing 30 minutes ago and has crashed 3-4 times.
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

Ok guys, I'm going to report crash issues with our 64 player server, our server has crashed five times today, three times on the map MP_Tremors also called Dawnbreaker which I've now removed from our rotation. We also are seeing half our players get disconnected when the Skyscraper comes down on MP_Siege map. This has happend everytime we play that map so I have removed it from the server.

Two other maps, MP_Journey, MP_Damage have serious sound issues as in sound cuts in and out and sometimes we have no sound at all in certain places in the maps.

Finally for the first time today I had 2 back to back crashes in the server first one with a full server and then right after the server restarted on a map (Paracel Storm) that had only 16 players in the server.

Players are now starting to say our server is crappy which I totally take offense to as NFO has the best servers out there and I've been a long time customer. I hate to see this happen.

I know EA/Dice has a lot going on but servers crashing a half dozen times each day is a critical issue and it needs to be top priority as players have really low tolerance for servers crashing. Other bugs they will deal with but getting disconnected after playing for 30 mins and losing all your leveling and unlocks is really causing people to get frustrated.

Let's hope this can get fixed very soon and I hope NFO can implore EA to make this a top priority!