Server Crash

TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Server Crash

Post by TimSad »

The Procon plugin that I wrote last night outputs to the console after each time the server crashes that it has reset my variables and restarted the map for me for them to take effect. At the end of tonight, I'm going to look at the plugin console logs to see how many times that single server has crashed. I'm willing to bet that it'll be 25-30 times just today. Give me 2.5 more hours then I shall find out.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
XDE4TH
A regular
A regular

Post by XDE4TH »

64 player server crash again. This makes number 7 or 8 for ours since I've been on monitoring it.
Infected
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Infected »

So far 6 hours of full 64+2 games and no crashes. Some bad lag on a game or two. Nut no crashes. Hoping it keeps up.

*knock on wood*
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

we just crashed again with a full server and there seems to be no pattern at all. It just random locks up and crashes pretty much now like clockwork.
not-tu
New to forums
New to forums

Post by not-tu »

I figured I'd add to this thread. My server (Conquest 70 players) has been consistently crashing multiple times a day. It's on different maps, but usually crashes when the server is completely full. Can't see any specific pattern.
not-tu
New to forums
New to forums

Post by not-tu »

not-tu wrote:I figured I'd add to this thread. My server (Conquest 70 players) has been consistently crashing multiple times a day. It's on different maps, but usually crashes when the server is completely full. Can't see any specific pattern.
It will usually go for several hours while full before it crashes.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Alright, the time is here for me to sum up the number of server crashes that my Operation Locker has seen alone! I've decided that I'm just going to use the very detailed NFO player usage graph to do this. So, from Wednesday 00:00 (12:00am) to the right-most side of the graph which is Tuesday 00:00 (12:00am), a span of 24 hours, I counted each time the graph dipped down to empty and came up with the number 35!

ImageImage
10-78 Busterking
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by 10-78 Busterking »

Totally unacceptable.
Cyberbang3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cyberbang3r »

***Update***

Very EXCITED about EA update this morning at 6AM EST only to find out that servers are STILL CRASHING! Ever wonder why we do this $hit! lol
10-78 Busterking
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by 10-78 Busterking »

Cyberbang3r wrote:***Update***

Very EXCITED about EA update this morning at 6AM EST only to find out that servers are STILL CRASHING! Ever wonder why we do this $hit! lol
I'm 60 yrs old, been running servers for the past 12 years, I never seen it this bad lately.
Cyberbang3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cyberbang3r »

10-78 Busterking wrote:

I'm 60 yrs old, been running servers for the past 12 years, I never seen it this bad lately.

Pretty scary when we spend more time in the forums than is our servers ---> it SUCKS!
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

10-78 Busterking wrote:

A kindred spirit! I'm 56 and have been running servers since 1998!
Rogue Warrior
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Rogue Warrior »

We ran a test last night on ours when Siege was running, we had a FULL server, took down the Tower and all but 8 players got kicked! Never had any other problems!
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

Cain wrote:
10-78 Busterking wrote:

A kindred spirit! I'm 56 and have been running servers since 1998!
This level of crashes and problems is exactly how every release has felt to me. This is my sixth game to manage servers for starting with CoD2.

Actually to me, CoD:WaW was the worst because they took so long to fix things. We had a memory leak there that would crash the server after about 4 hours. We used PB to force a server restart every 3.5 hours. We did this for over a month before they fixed it. The XP exploit in that game lasted 4 months meaning every server put the exploit in or they couldn't populate.

I have confidence DICE will fix these issues shortly.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

woowoo, CoD:WaW is where I first met you, remember that?! On fpsadmin.com, huh? :) I can hardly remember much about that game now. I was recently looking over some old threads in the World at War section over there that I'd posted in and can barely recall a thing about it. Hah!
ImageImage