Server Crash

Bozzified
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Server Crash

Post by Bozzified »

HowIChrgeLazer wrote:This is ridiculous. I can't even play a full round anymore on a 64 player server. Nothing but crashes. We've reseeded 4 times already.

Reducing player count by 2 each crash to see if that helps.
My server resetted today more then 10 times since the new patch. As soon as NFO implemented the patch based on directives from DICE the server started crashing every other map. It's terrible.

I don't know how they can release a "patch" that makes things 10 times worse. I barely had a crash during the day with full server nonstop.. Patch comes out, the server restarts 10 times. Ridiculous.

And it's not just us, a ton of my friends playing on other servers have been disconnected far more then usual. If they put in 3-4 games all day if that. Same for me. I joined in and I play one map and servers crash.

What's worse is that this is giving NFO and all of our servers a bad rep and users will eventually stop visiting our servers. So I end up wasting money.
Jamesonp
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Jamesonp »

Yep our servers have consistently crashed every hour all day. Terrible DICE...
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Okay, either my Operation Locker just crashed with 0 players in it or it just got automatically restarted. Wish I could know which it was. If it crashed with no players in it, that'd be ridiculous!
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

TimSad, from the timeframe (right after midnight PDT), that was probably just the daily restart-when-empty operation.
straytalk
New to forums
New to forums

Post by straytalk »

We can confirm lowering the max players to 40 eliminated the server crashing. It's too bad we are paying for a 70 person server and it's not usable, but 40 players will work for now. We made the switch to 40 players on 10/31 0800 PST and the server has not crashed since. We are eagerly waiting on a patch fix for this issue.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

straytalk wrote:We can confirm lowering the max players to 40 eliminated the server crashing. It's too bad we are paying for a 70 person server and it's not usable, but 40 players will work for now. We made the switch to 40 players on 10/31 0800 PST and the server has not crashed since. We are eagerly waiting on a patch fix for this issue.
Running what exactly?
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
straytalk
New to forums
New to forums

Post by straytalk »

"Your server is currently being hosted on a Dual Intel Xeon E5-2690 (Sandy Bridge-E 2.9ghz) node with 16 total processor cores and 96 gigabytes of RAM. The database code for this node is chicago-hexadec29-2; its OS is Windows."

Is that what you are looking for?

We are running a conquest/rush mix at the moment
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

How do we disable the automatic reboot?
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

Cain wrote:How do we disable the automatic reboot?
It only reboots if empty.

But I believe there is a check box on one of the tabs.
Mish1
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Mish1 »

Any word from Dice on a fix for these crashes? Our 64 player server has crashed 6 times in a 12 hour time span. I hope they don't let us go into the weekend with all of these crash issues.
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

My server was fairly stable prior to the patch. Since the patch, it's been crashing about every 2 hours or so. I'm running CQ 70-players.
FourTwoFour
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FourTwoFour »

I haven't crashed in 2 days with the following map list (everything else causes crashes) I hope they fix this soon because I want to be able to use all maps.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/se ... -All-Maps/
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

FourTwoFour wrote:I haven't crashed in 2 days with the following map list (everything else causes crashes) I hope they fix this soon because I want to be able to use all maps.

yeah, that kinda sucks you're giving up half the available maps to keep the server stable. Are you on Dedi, VDS, or shared server?
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

wihgaming wrote:
FourTwoFour wrote:I haven't crashed in 2 days with the following map list (everything else causes crashes) I hope they fix this soon because I want to be able to use all maps.

yeah, that kinda sucks you're giving up half the available maps to keep the server stable. Are you on Dedi, VDS, or shared server?
He is on shared.

I am going to try that map rotation on our rush/dom servers. Thanks for the info.
Not a NFO employee
Corvus
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Corvus »

Thanks FourTwoFour, hope can fix temporarily our server crash, every 2 rounds is down.

I have a question FourTwoFour, I see your server preset on Normal, can you send me your startup configuration please?