Server Crash

.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Server Crash

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Do the servers actually crash or do they dump all the players?
I guess if it crashed you would see it start back up with the first map of your rotation, unless your only running one map.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Cyberbang3r wrote:NFO is NOT the problem and unfortunately caught in the middle. The problem I have is the lack of COMMUNICATION EA provides us. We pay THOUSANDS of dollars for the service and we are treated like POND SCUM... :twisted:
Agreed. The results of having to keep a constant communication with a European stats server. Doubt the European servers have as many. Guess they could confirm it here with NFO's new location in Europe.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by plasma »

My server won't even make it though the map cycle. Horray for EA/DIce
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Pain, not many problems with Blaze overall. I've seen a few Blaze events where they clearly restarted the whole system (during the night), but I haven't seen player drops from it otherwise. The crashes I've seen have seen have all been "true" crashes, with dumps created.
Sabn0ck
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Sabn0ck »

Edge100x wrote:Pain, not many problems with Blaze overall. I've seen a few Blaze events where they clearly restarted the whole system (during the night), but I haven't seen player drops from it otherwise. The crashes I've seen have seen have all been "true" crashes, with dumps created.
Probably coded by DICE to cover up Blaze DC's.
I wouldn't put it past them...
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Sabn0ck wrote:
Edge100x wrote:Pain, not many problems with Blaze overall. I've seen a few Blaze events where they clearly restarted the whole system (during the night), but I haven't seen player drops from it otherwise. The crashes I've seen have seen have all been "true" crashes, with dumps created.
Probably coded by DICE to cover up Blaze DC's.
I wouldn't put it past them...
That's exactly what I was thinking as these crashes were all first being reported! I was thinking what if there were a conspiracy going on to where rather than player dumps when Blaze times out from the game server, it would actually trigger a server crash so that we would all think Blaze is more stable and we were just back to regular ol' game crashes to worry about.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Concopa
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Concopa »

32 player server can't even finish a map. Crash after crash.
Davex
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Davex »

.=QUACK=.Major.Pain wrote:Do the servers actually crash or do they dump all the players?
I guess if it crashed you would see it start back up with the first map of your rotation, unless your only running one map.
I'm pretty sure it crashes, as for a moment you can't find the server in the battlelog server list and it restarts on the same map.
SFLUFAN
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by SFLUFAN »

Server stability has well and truly gone to hell this afternoon. I've been on 5 different servers and every single one has crashed.
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

Gents, I feel your pain, our 64 player server stayed up for two hours this morning then started crashing again. We crash ..server auto restarts, get half way through a map then crash again. It's almost like it gets worse late afternoons and evenings. Our whole conversation is ..."is the server still up" and then we worry every time a stutter happens that the server will crash again. It's made my volunteer role as server admin not very much fun right now and I barely can enjoy the game worrying that the server is going to crash and kick out all the folks who helped pay for the server rental. My clan and I were just saying that this is worse than the BF3 and Bad Company 2 crash issues. And, in a few days this game has been out a full week with four server patches that still haven't fixed the crash issue but IMO made it worse.

What's really sad is the beta ran better on so many levels than live has run ....so what the heck did they "F" from the Beta to full release. People would get fired in the corporate world for crap like this happening to paying customers.
gamemann
A regular
A regular

Post by gamemann »

Well, it seems like every time I edit my Rush server tickets count, it crashes 5-10 minutes later. Just tried it for the 4th time and it crashed 5-10 minutes later. It was up for an hour when the tickets count was normal, but eventually it crashed.
Interesting in my opinion.
Thanks,
Gamemann
ADKGamers
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by ADKGamers »

These crashes are horrible. . . don't even know what to say about them, besides just hoping we get another patch soon!
http://www.ADKGamers.com - =ADK= Multi Gaming Community
Cyberbang3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cyberbang3r »

ADKGamers wrote:These crashes are horrible. . . don't even know what to say about them, besides just hoping we get another patch soon!
The only solution that eases the pain that has worked for me ----> Don't even look at them SERVERS!
[LoD]xCael
New to forums
New to forums

Post by [LoD]xCael »

Crashes on are 3 servers seems to be higher after the R4 patch too. Glad to see patches are rolling out quickly, not glad to see the problem doesn't seem to be getting any better...
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

I've been tracking server crashes on our server today. Since we got it started at 11am PST and until it just crashed again around 4:30PM we have had 5 server crashes in 5 hours. It's crashing almost hourly now and I've started removing the maps it crashes on the most. I'm down to 7 maps with one more that's probably going to get pulled soon. I've heard from others that the levolution maps that have a lot of levolution on them like MP_Siege and MP_Naval are causing the most crashes. Not sure if you are seeing the same thing. I'm about ready to run must three maps on the server and see if that makes it any better. Or do like a 24/7 one map only test.