Server Crash

XDE4TH
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Server Crash

Post by XDE4TH »

So if I wanted to remove some troublesome maps from my rotation, what would they be?
SFLUFAN
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by SFLUFAN »

XDE4TH wrote:So if I wanted to remove some troublesome maps from my rotation, what would they be?
Every single map has issues of some sort whether its sound clipping (Railway), half of the players dropped due to Levelution event (Shanghai), lag/rubberbanding (Dam, Resort).

This game is severely undercooked in just about every aspect.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

XDE4TH wrote:So if I wanted to remove some troublesome maps from my rotation, what would they be?
Lancang Dam appears to be one of them. A few times I've had it now to where my Conquest server was on that map when players started to complain about bad rubber-banding lag then not too long after the server crashed. Just happened about 10 minutes ago on that same map. I think I am going to remove it.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
eruffini
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by eruffini »

TimSad wrote:
Edge100x wrote:There have been a couple of widespread Blaze-related events today that have caused player drops. I don't know if it's a problem with Blaze itself or the ISP hosting Blaze.
Yeah, had those earlier today but it was quite easy to recover from those. My LA servers only emptied out a bit from it but my Chicago server got completely Blazed.
"Got completely Blazed."

I love that.
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by [WDT]TardFarmer »

We had some blaze disconnects last night also :( It seems our server is becoming more unstable as EA patches.
plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by plasma »

[WDT]TardFarmer wrote:We had some blaze disconnects last night also :( It seems our server is becoming more unstable as EA patches.

same here
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

Reminder guys -- EA/Dice announced all day yesterday in Battlelog headline that they would be performing backend maintenance which would be around 1am to 2am PDT on 11/5 ...that was last night and it noted players would be disconnected during that maintenance. My group reported multiple disconnects and server crashes during that time.

Our server has been back up since 5am PDT and full so I'm thinking much of that crashing was the Backend Maintenance that was going on. As John has pointed out Blaze related events can and will cause players to DC from servers.

Now, on maps to remove to stabilize your server my testing has shown and I've posted this a few times that their are several maps that cause issues so I have removed them. Here's the map cycle I ran yesterday without any crashes. I took the server down once to do a full restart and adjust some settings.

This is my current Map Cycle below --- includes only 6 maps. 4 have been removed due to issues they cause with server stability. You can see my chart too where the server dipped during the backend maintenance early AM PDT and you can see it's up time all day yesterday and since early AM this morning 11/5. Hope this helps.

MP_Tremors ConquestLarge0 1
MP_Naval ConquestLarge0 1
MP_Flooded ConquestLarge0 1
MP_Prison ConquestLarge0 1
MP_TheDish ConquestLarge0 1
MP_Abandoned ConquestLarge0 1
Corvus
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Corvus »

plasma wrote:
[WDT]TardFarmer wrote:We had some blaze disconnects last night also :( It seems our server is becoming more unstable as EA patches.

same here

Same here too :|
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

That happened to all, but so far everything is running smooth.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

I've just gone and taken Lancang Dam out of our rotation because every time that map comes up, all the players lag and rubber-band on it pretty bad and 75% of the time the server will crash before the round can complete. I'm glad I found the map that seems to be the culprit of most of our Conquest server crashes sooner rather than later.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Concopa
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Concopa »

These crashes have taken a toll on a our new community. When the servers were not crashing we were able to keep the server full pretty much all day long. Now can only get about 5 people to join. Going to switch to Official for a week or two before I throw in the towel.
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

We found today that MP_Siege is still tossing out half the players when the skyscraper is taken down. So it's back out of our rotation. MP_Damage still has issues so it's out now too. I'm running just 8 maps now in the cycle and truly hope they client side patch these maps to fix them soon. Really sad that we have to take maps out of the rotation on a brand new game. How these maps with sound issues, lag and Levolution issues got past QC is beyond me!
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Concopa wrote:These crashes have taken a toll on a our new community. When the servers were not crashing we were able to keep the server full pretty much all day long. Now can only get about 5 people to join. Going to switch to Official for a week or two before I throw in the towel.

I hear ya... guys here are starting to ragequit BF4 now. Starting to get more difficult to kickstart servers.
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

The server had a crash few minutes ago, but it's back up. :)
Source41
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Source41 »

I am just getting annoyed at all these kids complaining about server lag/rubberbanding and then blaming our server. I have taken out almost all the maps to keep it running as smooth as possible but there is only so much we can do.