Server Crash

jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Server Crash

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Khale_Kitha wrote:Yeah, we're basically paying for nothing right now.

Even with a minimal map rotation, our server runs until someone connects. Once that happens, you have about 5-30 seconds before they get:
Error
Game disconnected: server has ended the game session.

And then the server is gone for 5 minutes.

What a waste of time and money.
I expect a ton of server cancellations at the end of the month. Regardless if it's NFO or EA/DICE's fault. Folks are not going to pay 70-80 bucks a month for something crashing every 1-2 hours.
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

EA has killed the Battlefield series with 2 consecutive failures.

They con people into buying BF3 and 4 which require super computers worth about 2 grand and require super servers that most hosts except NFO don't offer.

I am sure the devs aren't testing this on your typical Dell or HP computers.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Yup, it would have been a travesty if NFo didn't get BF4, thank god they got it...otherwise we would have deal with crappy servers and a 100% failure.

Some of these companies have 0 business selling BF4 servers.
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

jaythegreat1 wrote:
I expect a ton of server cancellations at the end of the month. Regardless if it's NFO or EA/DICE's fault. Folks are not going to pay 70-80 bucks a month for something crashing every 1-2 hours.
Agree, but popular servers will likely not drop, only the several thousand that sit empty 24/7.
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Ours was fairly popular, but it still crashes a whole lot more than it seems like other servers do. At this rate, I'm going to have hard time justifying community members to keep donating on something that keeps crashing.
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

Can't blame you at all, when all our folks can play on a zillion servers for free.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Pretty much all my servers have a good streak going on with an uptime of 12+ hours. Even the Operation Locker server! I don't know what's different but I hope it stays this way. I hope I don't see lots of crashes tonight but I must say that I think I'm starting to see a pattern of the servers doing alright during the day but start to crash one after another at night.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Peacelulz
A regular
A regular

Post by Peacelulz »

Did well earlier this week. Had over 72 hours with no crashes and full servers. Then last night at the one moment I wasn't watching the server, it decided to crash. Regretfully with so many startups out there, not much player loyalty even after such solid uptime. Plus quickmatch doesn't seem to filling anything too well. Would have a small group of players stick around, wait 2-3 rounds and literally nothing with all settings good to go.

Definitely stressful just waiting till you'll crash sometime late at night and lose your playerbase. And I definitely agree TimSad, always seems to happen late at night.
gamemann
A regular
A regular

Post by gamemann »

Matchmaking is weird. It would put 7-8 people in as soon as I join the server but stop and wouldn't put anyone else in. Those 7-8 people would leave because the server (offical, normal) is not filling up and back to 1-2 players and matchmaking not helping.
My rush server crashed last night and been trying to fill it up all day :( it was full for about a day(64/64).
Peacelulz
A regular
A regular

Post by Peacelulz »

gamemann wrote:Matchmaking is weird. It would put 7-8 people in as soon as I join the server but stop and wouldn't put anyone else in. Those 7-8 people would leave because the server (offical, normal) is not filling up and back to 1-2 players and matchmaking not helping.
My rush server crashed last night and been trying to fill it up all day :( it was full for about a day(64/64).
Yea even to this day their matchmaking is retarded. I'm watching other servers struggle today as well, seeing them have a dozen or so players and they're just not filling up. Hell when I first launched the server, it was at max capacity within an hour, now it's slowing down for everyone.

I'm also assuming players are tired crashing all the time, lockups, losing progress and are waiting for the client patch. Also Ghosts probably took a chunk as well from the BF4 playerbase.

1st month problems lol ....well the struggles of running BF servers to begin with I should say haha
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Is the rubber-banding on Golmund supposed to be fixed? Because our is doing it like crazy atm.
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

I think the release of that new COD game hurt the BF4 player base.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Cain wrote:I think the release of that new COD game hurt the BF4 player base.
It wouldn't surprise me. Ghost is a triple A title with a large fanbase. BF is also nothing like COD, so it's possible a chunk of players are playing around with that game and seeing what it has to offer before dropping BF4 or going back to it.

Many people also might take this as a time to back off of BF while they work out the bugs.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Draeger
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Draeger »

jaythegreat1 wrote:Is the rubber-banding on Golmund supposed to be fixed? Because our is doing it like crazy atm.
I believe rubber-banding exists still on many of the maps. I know that our server occasionally still does it. But usually only once or so every 3-5 hours.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

There was a mass dump 2 hours ago, but things are back to normal, can't complain because we went for 3 days almost without a crash.