Server Crash

plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Server Crash

Post by plasma »

I was having issues with Resort before the R12 patch. Issue was when Resort finished, all the players would get booted from the server. It didn't happen every time but enough for me to remove the map. Anyone else having issues (other than the lag) with Resort?
FourTwoFour
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FourTwoFour »

My server always lasts around 2 days and then it crashes (every time)
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

My servers are still crashing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why are they not pushing out any more server updates that address more server crashing issues? ALSO, they keep lagging bad on certain maps. I don't actually know if these rubber-banding lag issues are due to the game server build or due to the way they run on the boxes hosting them cause some people from other providers are claiming that they aren't getting this?!
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Cyberbang3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cyberbang3r »

TimSad wrote:My servers are still crashing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why are they not pushing out any more server updates that address more server crashing issues? ALSO, they keep lagging bad on certain maps. I don't actually know if these rubber-banding lag issues are due to the game server build or due to the way they run on the boxes hosting them cause some people from other providers are claiming that they aren't getting this?!
Question is are you getting Blazed or DDosed?

DDos will always have major lag and ping spikes before it dumps...

The reason I ask is because you have one server doing well at 13 on Gametracker. Gametracker grabs lots of unwanted attention. Some of us still do it because we have bodies to populate. If your hurting for seeders I would take gametracker down. We all have been there --> it SUCKS!
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

NOW ALL OF OUR SERVERS ARE FUCKING BLAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE do NOT leave me no choice but to get rid of all my BF4 servers! I really want to run them but if this continues there is NO sense at all in keeping them around! FUCK!
ImageImage
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

TimSad wrote:NOW ALL OF OUR SERVERS ARE FUCKING BLAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE do NOT leave me no choice but to get rid of all my BF4 servers! I really want to run them but if this continues there is NO sense at all in keeping them around! FUCK!
This is terrible, the Blaze system is trash.
I cannot justify paying $60 for my server, where:

A: DDOS attacks
B: Blaze
C: The game simply crash
D: Lag/Rubberband/Audio issues.

This is too much to deal with.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

IcEWoLF wrote:This is terrible, the Blaze system is trash.
I cannot justify paying $60 for my server, where:

A: DDOS attacks
B: Blaze
C: The game simply crash
D: Lag/Rubberband/Audio issues.

This is too much to deal with.
Q-F-MothaFrakkin-T!!!

I think it's time for me and my clan to get rid of all our servers. This way I can just enjoy playing and the only thing I'll have to worry about is whatever server I'm on crashing on me (and possibly my client crashing). I won't have to worry about my servers' health and can just play with peace at mind. I'll give it a bit more of a chance before I jump at that, though.
ImageImage
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Just for the record, NFo has done everything from their end to make our experience better, unfortunately this is out of NFo's hand, it's about EA/Dice and their network engineers trying to get their act together. Which I doubt it will happen anytime soon.

I don't recall BF2 being this bad.
BC2,BF3 were real bad...

The joke is on me for believing in EA and trusting them about releasing a "gold" product.
I feel like we are still in Alpha/Beta stage, even with the expansions now being released.

New expansions impose additional issues, yes I understand that there will be some fixes implemented, but at the same time another xxxx bugs pop up.

It's just no fun trying to populate your server, it feels more like a job than trying to enjoy the game.
After a hard day at work, the last thing I want to worry about is having to populate my servers over and over again because of a server crash or a blaze mass dump.
My guys are tired of trying to populate my server, because it's just boring and it doesn't help them rank up quick.
Tim is right.
I rather play on others servers and let them be miserable instead of me dealing with this.

I think the last straw was when they decided to take away our own power to manage our "official" servers.

I know I could easily fix the issue by switching to Ranked, but my server just won't fill up with ranked setting because quickmatch is not available for it.

Also, most of my guys stopped contributing towards the BF4 server, because they are sick and tired of the game.
The only contributors I have left are the players that play CS:S and CS:GO.

It would not be fair from my part in investing anymore money for a game that has not done anything for my community other than bring extreme frustration to me and my guys.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'm hopeful that positive things will come out of DICE's new "all hands on deck" policy for BF4. I wish that more of those hands were focusing on the communities behind servers, and not just casual players, though.

This Cogent cross-Atlantic problem tonight was not DICE's fault, except to the extent that they have this hard dependency on an always-on Blaze connection. Cogent really dropped the ball and is hurting a lot of their clients.

In the coming days, I'll be adding additional monitoring that will help me to more rapidly pinpoint when similar problems to the current one occur, so that I can escalate them with Internap and the carriers.
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Although it's too late for BF4.... think they need to ditch Frostbite engine and Blaze.
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

TimSad wrote:
I think it's time for me and my clan to get rid of all our servers. This way I can just enjoy playing and the only thing I'll have to worry about is whatever server I'm on crashing on me (and possibly my client crashing). I won't have to worry about my servers' health and can just play with peace at mind. I'll give it a bit more of a chance before I jump at that, though.

A lot of admins are where you are Tim. It would be nice to just play and when the server crashes, no big deal, we all just find another - there will always he thousands of empty servers.

I can tell you some behind the scenes DICE/EA info I got from a trusted source, regarding an earlier BF game. It seems EA hires all these young programmers to make a new game, treats them like slaves and works them on insane schedules. When the game ships they fire them all, so the people trying to make patches and enhancements did not work on the original code, so they can never get it fixed properly. This has apparently been their strategy before and I suspect it is the same this time around as well.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

They try to cut corners and do everything to save money. You expected EA for being a fair company? Anything that EA gets their hands on turns into trash.
Look at madden, each year they keep feeding us the same crap with new covers and no gameplay improvement.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Woah! My Conquest server just crashed! I haven't really seen a server crash for some time now but I believe that's what it just was. - Server Version R19
ImageImage
Clumppy
A regular
A regular

Post by Clumppy »

Not really sure if mine crashed or did a restart. I know I don't have a schedule restart at this time so can't be that but I just had a full 64 server and server just simply shut off.....If this becomes the norm I will be severely pissed.

EDIT: Nevermind...about 20 seconds after this post I received a notification from NFO mentioning a brief packet loss for Dallas. Sucks that it happened but what do you do...
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Thankfully, DICE has fixed up most of the crash bugs in the game. Now, we mostly see Blaze-related issues.