Players with 65535 ping?

b0wzy
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Players with 65535 ping?

Post by b0wzy »

Is there some kind of bug that is causing some players to display a ping of 65535 in the server control panel/procon? In game their ping just shows up as "-". Not sure if this is an issue?
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Players with 65535 ping?

Post by soja »

Previously in bf3 the blank ping in-game meant something was wrong on the players end, perhaps their router not configured to respond to icmp requests(my isp disables responding to icmp by default) or their browser battlelog plugins not working properly
Not a NFO employee
badbadrobot
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by badbadrobot »

We have a few members that use their phones + unlimited data to play instead of having home internet. When they join the server their ping shows as this as well.
Founder of GSN Gaming.
badbadrobot
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by badbadrobot »

NFO just pushed the update. OUr servers were restarted and literally filled back up in 1 minute flat. Amazing. Thennnnn it crashed again lol.
Founder of GSN Gaming.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

This number seems like the largest representable number of an unsigned word (2 bytes).

11111111 11111111
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

TimSad wrote:This number seems like the largest representable number of an unsigned word (2 bytes).

11111111 11111111
Yep, same with the amount of ports on a computer (65535).
Not a NFO employee
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

I've seen this a lot too and it looks like it's players that are not registering a ping or show a blank ping ...it throws in that number in it's place. I had a whole squad showing the same ping at 65535 and thought they were trying to do some sort of rate hacking on the server.
b0wzy
A regular
A regular

Post by b0wzy »

There was a play on our server that was obviously doing some kind of exploit/hack, and showed no ping in game and 65535 in Procon. Spectated him for a good 15-20mins, it seemed like he would turn a corner, and see people before they saw him.

When the latency manager plugins are ported, will they be able to kick people with unreported pings ?
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

b0wzy wrote:There was a play on our server that was obviously doing some kind of exploit/hack, and showed no ping in game and 65535 in Procon. Spectated him for a good 15-20mins, it seemed like he would turn a corner, and see people before they saw him.

When the latency manager plugins are ported, will they be able to kick people with unreported pings ?
Actually, latency manager plugins will work better from what I've read of the server documentation the playerinfo actually returns the player's ping as reported by the server... as opposed to the plugin/software (like procon) having to ping the IP, which doesn't always work...