Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Normal, Custom, and Hardcore

Post by Edge100x »

I've had a server up since R3 came out that just has this in Admin/Startup.txt:

Code: Select all

vars.preset Hardcore
This is working and it is showing as Hardcore. This is a 70-slot server. You can find it as "NFOservers.com: Test server".

You can also "fix" Hardcore after a server is started by using rcon to re-send "vars.preset Hardcore".
tonixx
New to forums
New to forums

Post by tonixx »

Well, I connected to that test server just now and it is definitely hardcore. I just wish I could get mine to do the same. I have only this in the startup.txt

vars.preset Hardcore
Still it's not got any of the hardcore features.
Xavier
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Xavier »

tonixx wrote:Well, I connected to that test server just now and it is definitely hardcore. I just wish I could get mine to do the same. I have only this in the startup.txt

vars.preset Hardcore
Still it's not got any of the hardcore features.
I can verify this. I also only have the preset (no other settings) and it shows up as normal in battlelog with the 'normal' settings in game.

Would having it set as either ranked or official make a difference?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, it must be set to Ranked mode. Official mode prevents the variables needed for Hardcore from being adjusted.

If you're already in Ranked mode and it's still not working, try opening up the rcon tool from the "Server control" page and entering "vars.preset Hardcore".
mikedbom
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by mikedbom »

I was able to get my server set to Hardcore by sending the command via rcon. Server is ranked and hardcore with zero spectators. Looks like when i try to set commanders to false the server goes custom. I'll leave it as is for now.
tonixx
New to forums
New to forums

Post by tonixx »

Edge100x wrote:Yes, it must be set to Ranked mode. Official mode prevents the variables needed for Hardcore from being adjusted.

If you're already in Ranked mode and it's still not working, try opening up the rcon tool from the "Server control" page and entering "vars.preset Ranked".
I did this and the RCON terminal kicked back:

InvalidArguments
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'm sorry, I meant "vars.preset Hardcore".
Trick
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Trick »

I had to send the Rcon command after the server restart for it to work.

Am I the only one who believes that getting rid of Hardcore Search function and merging it with Custom was a much better idea?
qazme
New to forums
New to forums

Post by qazme »

I tried every which way and mine wouldn't take by simply setting the startup config with hardcore only in it. I had to do like trick and enter several commands after it start to make it act right.

vars.preset Hardcore
vars.maxspectators 2
vars.maxplayers 48

I have to enter each of these three any time the server restart either from crashing or otherwise. Hopefully the fix they plan on rolling out today will come and fix at least the crashing so I don't have to enter this so much during the course of running my server....

I'm starting to get a bit annoyed with the entire thing. I understand bugs on the client side because it's hard to know what everyone is running. But on the server side there are no excuses for game breaking logic.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If DICE doesn't fix Hardcore in a timely manner (as it seems that putting it in Startup.txt doesn't even work now), I will likely have to add a special admin daemon option for it -- to set it automatically after each map, or similar.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

R4 has not improved the Hardcore behavior.
ADKGamers
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by ADKGamers »

So I'm thinking all of this "custom" nonsense is still broken, as I've tried a bunch of stuff and I'm still getting custom for certain servers, yet not for others.

I thought we could change certain variables within a certain amount to still be considered normal? Is this correct? And is this something that is being fixed within the next patch or so?

Thanks!
http://www.ADKGamers.com - =ADK= Multi Gaming Community
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It's still quite broken, definitely. I don't know when DICE will fix it, but I recommend using our admin daemon workaround for now.
10-78 Busterking
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by 10-78 Busterking »

We can only have one choice John under your admin daemon workaround, we want infantry hardcore, both. When we can only select infantry we are not getting hardcore or am I missing something? Health is at 100% on the server, yet it says 60 % on our NFO "Easy setup" control panel.