Hardcore

eruffini
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Hardcore

Post by eruffini »

I just wanted to make sure I understood all of this right.

Servers by default are Normal Ranked/Official. I want to switch to Hardcore mode, I need to make it Ranked (not Official), and use the Hardcore preset for it to come up with the proper Hardcore settings. If I make any changes outside of the preset option, it will show up as Custom.

Is this the correct understanding? I have my server set to Hardcore, but it has the Normal variables set (server indeed shows up as Hardcore in Battlelog). I assume this is because it is "Official" instead of just Ranked.

My question is - if I set it to Hardcore mode via the preset command, will it actually come up with Hardcore settings? If I manually specify Hardcore settings in startup.txt, it will come up Custom. Do people still get put onto Custom servers via matchmaking?

Right now my problem is that my server fills up when it is set to Normal, so I am wary of putting it into Custom if it will prevent people from joining.
bengalsniper
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Hardcore

Post by bengalsniper »

Also check the Refresh Hardcore preset every 5 min., save and restart server.
hardcore refresh Capture.PNG
BengalSniper
Mappers United.com
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Hardcore

Post by Edge100x »

If you change all of the settings you want to change and then click "Set hardcore", that should work. Except that I don't know if the system fixes the idle time limit; I'll have to check that.