BF4 Map Sounds issues possible solution?

markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BF4 Map Sounds issues possible solution?

Post by markym »

Hi all, a member on my clan forums posted this up about how he fixed sound issues he was having on certain BF4 maps. I've not tried it yet but here's his post. Let me know if it works for any of you too.

I saw some players had the same sound issues as I did. Basically the sound would cut out randomly and was quite annoying. After some Googling I found out it was due to the sound processors on my Nvidia graphics card. Cards since about the GTX 480 series have build in HD processors. If you use a pcie sound card like I do, you have to go to the device manager and disable all sound processors except your sound card. This worked for me... now I can hear the bullets hitting me in the head!
SFLUFAN
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: BF4 Map Sounds issues possible solution?

Post by SFLUFAN »

I will be attempting this as soon as I get home!
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

Actually that makes sense. Since most just installed a new nvidia driver, it could have reenabled the NV Sound.

Worth checking. Seems like there is a check box on the Nvida config for this.
Ratso
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Ratso »

Everyone in our clan is having the sound issues on certain maps and the majority of us are running high end AMD cards and digital audio.
Xavier
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Xavier »

Ratso wrote:Everyone in our clan is having the sound issues on certain maps and the majority of us are running high end AMD cards and digital audio.
Ditto. My sound card is finicky about other sound devices so they remain disabled at all times.

However, if it fixes it for NVidia users then spread the word!