Various Issues BF4 Server

Does your server randomly disappear from Battlelog?

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 10

[AK907]GvnrRickPerry
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Various Issues BF4 Server

Post by [AK907]GvnrRickPerry »

First of all, this is my first post here on the NFO forums.

I'm not getting much information anywhere else, so I figured here is a good place to finish, especially since the server is hosted by NFO. :D

First and foremost... The crashes, omg the crashes... They are about to drive me NUTS!!! I bust A to get the server full, then it crashes before the map even ends... That is a sure fire way to spice up the end of the day, I tell ya what!

The details:
Right now, this is our config:

Code: Select all

punkBuster.activate 
vars.serverName "[AK907] Seattle - ALL MAPS CQ - TeamSpeak!"
vars.serverDescription "WELCOME TO THE AK907 CLAN SERVER! PLEASE USE OUR TEAMSPEAK AT AK907.NET:9987 - IF THERE ARE ANY PROBLEMS, JUST LET ANYONE ON TS KNOW AND THEY WILL BE RESOLVED. PLAY FAIR, PLAY AS A TEAM, PLAY THE OBJECTIVE, AND ENJOY YOUR STAY!"
vars.friendlyFire false
vars.idleTimeout 300
vars.teamKillCountForKick 5
vars.teamKillValueForKick 5
vars.teamKillValueIncrease 1
vars.teamKillValueDecreasePerSecond 0
vars.autoBalance true
vars.killCam true
vars.miniMap true
vars.3dSpotting true
vars.miniMapSpotting true
vars.3pCam true
vars.maxPlayers 64
vars.idleBanRounds 0
vars.vehicleSpawnAllowed true
vars.vehicleSpawnDelay 100
vars.bulletDamage 100
vars.nameTag true
vars.regenerateHealth true
vars.roundRestartPlayerCount 1
vars.roundStartPlayerCount 4
vars.onlySquadLeaderSpawn false
vars.unlockMode "stats"
vars.soldierHealth 100
vars.hud true
vars.playerManDownTime 100
vars.playerRespawnTime 100
vars.gameModeCounter 100
vars.serverMessage ""
reservedSlotsList.aggressiveJoin false
vars.roundLockdownCountdown 10
vars.roundWarmupTimeout 600
fairFight.activate 
vars.maxSpectators 0
vars.hitIndicatorsEnabled true
vars.serverType "RANKED"
vars.commander true
fairFight.deactivate 
And this is our map rotation:

Code: Select all

MP_Naval ConquestLarge0 1
MP_Abandoned ConquestLarge0 1
MP_Damage ConquestLarge0 1
MP_Flooded ConquestLarge0 1
MP_Journey ConquestLarge0 1
MP_Resort ConquestLarge0 1
MP_TheDish ConquestLarge0 1
MP_Tremors ConquestLarge0 1
Our server is a ranked (normal), 64 player + 2 commander slots, server. From what I'm told by various other admins (365 clan, UN clan, etc.) there's nothing different in our config from theirs, aside from maybe teamkilling and only spawning on squad leaders, both of which I doubt would make a difference as far as crashes go.

We removed Siege of Shanghai and Operation Locker from the map rotation, as those are the two most frequent maps to drop players, or cause the server to crash.

We use a combination of ProCon and the Easy Setup tab on the NFO Server page to manage the server... I use the Easy Setup to modify critical server settings (name, etc.) and I use ProCon to manage the map rotation, players, and monitor chat.

What's really getting to me: I have yet to play a full map rotation on this server, even without Operation Locker and Siege of Shanghai in the rotation! Every once in a while we will make it to the end of the rotation, but by that time the server is lag-tastic and crashes within minutes.

Other server owners I've talked to have been able to play at least two full rotations, while we have yet to do that! I'm sure there's nothing you guys can do or say to help me with this, but I figured I'd post here in hopes that maybe there's a low CMOS battery on my server causing this (LOL, highly doubtful, but you get the idea that I'm shooting for - is it a configuration issue, or has only a handful of server owners been able to run complete rotations without crashing?).

For the most part, the server crashes appear to be completely random. Some maps work fine (Lancang Dam for example - our server has yet to drop players on this map during the levelution event, and I've heard a LOT of other server owners say this map has issues during that event) one round, but may crash the server again the next time that map is played. Generally, there is not one particular map that we have in rotation (now that Siege and Locker are out) that causes issues every time we play it. We do see frequent lag spikes across the board, and TONS of rubber-banding. Sometimes we are able to make it through a map without crashing and sometimes it crashes.

Secondly... Our server has disappeared from Battlelog on several occasions. I'm talking, not searchable, and when I refresh the "Full server page" that I had open in another tab, Battlelog says "we're sorry, this page does not exist". This happened again this morning - I hopped on the server and spawned in a boat and let it idle there (I guess you know that you can idle in a server that has not started yet, as long as you spawn, for indefinitely) for 2 hours. After the first 30 minutes, I had 2 people contact me to let me know that they could not find the server in Battlelog. Sure enough, "Page does not exist" when I refreshed the server page. I've seen this happen before when the server gets rebooted, but I was online and connected to the server the whole time during this latest one, so I know the server was up and running. And the kicker is that I am still connected to it, even right now. The server did show back up in Battlelog 30 minutes later, but what the hell guys.

Why does my server not show up in Battlelog? How am I supposed to populate it if people can't even find it? Is this a "known issue/bug", is this something DICE is "fixing", is this happening to other people too, or are we the only ones that have this issue?

Lastly, I guess that my most urgent request is to find an answer to why our server sometimes does not show up on Battlelog. This just adds to frustration and fuels the fire that DICE already lit... If I could find out why (if it's just us that this is happening to) this is happening and prevent it, I think that I would be able to sit a little tighter and wait for DICE to release patches.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Various Issues BF4 Server

Post by Edge100x »

Blaze has had some issues in the last 24 hours that have caused it to drop all clients and servers at times. This may have caused Battlelog to stop seeing your server. Did restarting the server fix the Battlelog problem?
[AK907]GvnrRickPerry
New to forums
New to forums

I didn't restart the server since I was connected to it (in-game) the whole time... Since I wasn't DC'd I figured it wasn't a Blaze issue.

it just showed back up in Battlelog again about 20/30 minutes later.

This has happened at least 4 different times that I can think of too... Randomly disappears from Battlelog, with or without people connected to it, ProCon still sees it, and everything seems to be fine, except it just won't show up in Battlelog.

I've tried rebooting it on prior occasions, but that has never helped - it just showed back up in Battlelog anywhere from 20 - 45 minutes later.

Thanks,
-GvnrRickPerry
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If the server is still running, then it's connected to Blaze and it's solid on our end. I will let DICE know about the potential Battlelog issue.
[AK907]GvnrRickPerry
New to forums
New to forums

Thanks Edge100x.

I really appreciate it... And everything you guys are doing to help keep us running. :D
underclocked
A regular
A regular

Post by underclocked »

Thought I would mention that locker is not causing any crashes on our server. But dam, resort, and journey have caused problems and have been removed along with siege of shanghai.

When your server disappeared from battlelog did you actually search for the name or just look at the server list? Sometimes the list doesn't populate all servers unless you scroll down in battlelog.
[AK907]GvnrRickPerry
New to forums
New to forums

underclocked wrote:Thought I would mention that locker is not causing any crashes on our server. But dam, resort, and journey have caused problems and have been removed along with siege of shanghai.

When your server disappeared from battlelog did you actually search for the name or just look at the server list? Sometimes the list doesn't populate all servers unless you scroll down in battlelog.

Thanks for the info, underclocked. I will keep those maps in mind, but I'm thinking the server crashes less often from maps and more along the lines of the backend of the server, netcode, or whatever you want to call it. Siege and Locker were the ONLY two maps that we played that did cause significant player drops or complete server crashes, so I'm comfortable with the rotation that we have right now.

As for Battlelog... I did everything. I searched for it (907 - it's the only server with 907 in the name), I had it added as a "favorite" and it wasn't showing up in my favorites (only one other server in my favorites, so it would be hard to miss), and it the "Full Server Page" (Basically this page:http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/se ... TeamSpeak/) was up in another tab, and I "refreshed" it and Battlelog said "we're sorry, but this page does not exist" (may not be exact wording, but either way it wasn't there anymore).

I had the above link in our TeamSpeak and I tried clicking it, as well, and was taken to the "we're sorry, but this page does not exist" page.

Thanks,
-GvnrRickPeryy
chzuck
New to forums
New to forums

Post by chzuck »

My server has the same Battlelog issue. I have to stop it then restart it to show back up in Battlelog . My NFO control panel shows its up and running but Battlelog gives me page does not exist until I restart the server . This issue only started after R6 ..
[AK907]GvnrRickPerry
New to forums
New to forums

Edge100x wrote:If the server is still running, then it's connected to Blaze and it's solid on our end. I will let DICE know about the potential Battlelog issue.

Server crashed today for the second time (Blaze I assume) and has not come back up in Battlelog yet.

I have tried rebooting it twice - shutting completely down, waiting two to five minutes, then starting it.

I am able to connect to the ProCon layer and can see the server is up, as it appears in the NFO Server Control page, but it will not show up in Battlelog, and has not for about 20 minutes now.

The odd thing is that when I run a "serverinfo" command in NFO or in ProCon, I get this result:
serverInfo

OK
[AK907] Seattle - ALL MAPS RUSH/CQ - TeamSpeak!
RushLarge0
MP_Abandoned

true
true
false

v1.880 | A1390 C2.332
false
NAm
lax
US

serverinfo
The very bottom line is "OFFLINE"... Is that the reason that it's not showing up in Battlelog?

Well I will report back when it shows back up, but for now I have a clan that can't join our own server because of this. :( :( :( :x :evil: :x :( :( :(