Tickets do not stick!

IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Tickets do not stick!

Post by IcEWoLF »

Hi guys, I changed my tickets from 100 to 200, and the changes do not stick, even when I change it to 300 it won't stick. It just resets after few maps, what the hell is going on?
ADKGamers
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Tickets do not stick!

Post by ADKGamers »

Yeah I had this issue, it was working for me all day yesterday, and now it's not sticking. It looks as though it's holding now, but earlier today I had to change it within Console as it was showing 300 everywhere else.
http://www.ADKGamers.com - =ADK= Multi Gaming Community
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

ADKGamers wrote:Yeah I had this issue, it was working for me all day yesterday, and now it's not sticking. It looks as though it's holding now, but earlier today I had to change it within Console as it was showing 300 everywhere else.
This is weird because 100 tickets on a 48p server = stupid lol....
Wanted like 300+ kills so the game lasts for 20+ minutes in TDM.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

@John, would it be possible to implement the same thing like you did with the server presets (normal,hardcore,ect) for the ticket count as well to make sure it doesn't reset?
HappyGotLucky
New to forums
New to forums

Post by HappyGotLucky »

We are having the same problem when attempting to keep the "Normal" preset with admin daemon and map cycler.

Had to disable that and go back to Custom so we didn't tick off all our TDM players.

Let us know when fixed!
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

HappyGotLucky wrote:We are having the same problem when attempting to keep the "Normal" preset with admin daemon and map cycler.

Had to disable that and go back to Custom so we didn't tick off all our TDM players.

Let us know when fixed!
Yep, I am running custom for now until something is done to fix this.
b0wzy
A regular
A regular

Post by b0wzy »

I've got custom tickets working, normal preset and ranked server.

I have rush at 200 tickets, and for obliteration I do a 45min timelimit.

I don't use any of NFO's admin daemon options. I'm running Adaptive Server Size (beta) and Ultimate Map Manager (beta). I use Ultimate Map Manager's custom presets to set my tickets (which are in percentage). I setup a "Normal" preset to go back to default tickets for Conquest/TDM/Domination.

Any questions let me know, check it out for yourself if you don't believe me - server is in my signature.

Pretty basic startup.txt:

Code: Select all

vars.maxSpectators 4
vars.vehicleSpawnAllowed true
vars.3dSpotting true
vars.miniMap true
vars.killCam true
vars.3pCam true
vars.regenerateHealth true
vars.onlySquadLeaderSpawn false
vars.nameTag true
vars.hud true
vars.commander true
vars.forceReloadWholeMags false
vars.hitIndicatorsEnabled true
vars.alwaysAllowSpectators true
reservedSlotsList.aggressiveJoin false
vars.roundTimeLimit 0
vars.friendlyFire false
vars.preset normal
I should note the developer of the Ultimate Map Manger had me change this line of code so the preset was executed every round, important for Rush when doing 2 rounds and switching sides so it doesn't go back to the default for the 2nd game:

[QUOTE=falcontx;81706]Find this code: (should be around line 1696 or so)

private void CheckPreset() {
            if (this.m_strCurrentPreset != this.m_LMaplists[this.m_iCurrentMapList].Maplist[this.m_iNextMapIndex].Preset)
            {
and change it to:

private void CheckPreset() {
            if (true)
            {
[/QUOTE]
Th3Preacher
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Th3Preacher »

I'm not clear how to make this work... can you show your settings above these custom settings? I want to use this for a TDM server to run 250 tickets.
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by [WDT]TardFarmer »

Thanks for the info B0wzy!

Can you help me with mine? I have the UMM running and set the vars.gameModeCounter 85. The tickets change but then the server is seen as custom. Until I go back to the easysetup in the NFO panel and turn on the admin daemon and have it check normal every 5 minutes. which then sets the tickets back to normal on next map change.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
b0wzy
A regular
A regular

Post by b0wzy »

[WDT]TardFarmer wrote: Until I go back to the easysetup in the NFO panel and turn on the admin daemon and have it check normal every 5 minutes. which then sets the tickets back to normal on next map change.!
make sure to put "vars.preset normal" is the last line in startup.txt
Th3Preacher
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Th3Preacher »

bowzy, are you using the easy setup for anything at all? I don't understand the linkage between easy setup, filemanager-startup.txt, and the custom preset. how does the custom preset get activated / executed?
FourTwoFour
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FourTwoFour »

Tickets do not stick for me as well...
b0wzy
A regular
A regular

Post by b0wzy »

Th3Preacher wrote:bowzy, are you using the easy setup for anything at all? I don't understand the linkage between easy setup, filemanager-startup.txt, and the custom preset. how does the custom preset get activated / executed?
I'm still pretty new at this, but from what I gather the easy setup is basically just a tool that is going to write some variables to your startup.txt, or enabled some code to run in the background (like the auto server size). I don't use any of the custom NFO admin daemon stuff. I'm not sure why it goes back to custom preset, but in the server control part you can just send the "vars.preset normal" command when you start the server and it should be good until the server resets.
[WDT]TardFarmer wrote:I have the UMM running and set the vars.gameModeCounter 85. The tickets change but then the server is seen as custom. Until I go back to the easysetup in the NFO panel and turn on the admin daemon and have it check normal every 5 minutes. which then sets the tickets back to normal on next map change.
Make sure you're running UMM 1.2.2.6, and make sure "Send preset commands after every round" is set to yes. I've disabled NFOs "make it normal every 5mins" because some people reported it breaks the gamemodecounter. I've also gone and added the "vars.preset normal" variable to my UMM custom map presets just to be safe. I don't use any of NFOs custom admin tools. Here are my full NFO panel settings:
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The "Easy setup" page does not do anything exotic. It just writes your settings to files and implements them with rcon commands (you can see these commands come through if you watch the server with the rcon tool). It does not execute "vars.preset" unless you have the checkbox enabled to re-enforce that every 5 minutes. When it executes "vars.preset", it's up to the game on what happens.

I have been told by DICE that vars.gameModeCounter ("Tickets given" on the "Easy setup" page) is supposed to have a requirement of 100 for all non-Custom presets. If the server is allowing you to change it under some circumstances without becoming Custom, this is a bug that they will likely work to correct. In my testing, setting vars.gameModeCounter to another value manually (through rcon) has made the server Custom.
b0wzy
A regular
A regular

Post by b0wzy »

Edge100x wrote:If the server is allowing you to change it under some circumstances without becoming Custom, this is a bug that they will likely work to correct.
Well, if they up the default rush ticket from something other than 75, thats fine.
There are some fun maps for 64 player rush, but 75 tickets makes for like a 3 minute game. I've found a 200% value of 150 tickets works great.

Also, Obliteration needs a timelimit. 45mins is a nice balance - if its a stale mate by the end of that, people are usually happy to see it end.