R7 Patch Discussion

ADKGamers
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

R7 Patch Discussion

Post by ADKGamers »

So it was just released and these are the NFO Notes:

This version is said to fix admin.say, improve vars.preset, fix a problem with player GUIDs not showing, and fix some server crashing.

Discuss!
http://www.ADKGamers.com - =ADK= Multi Gaming Community
FourTwoFour
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: R7 Patch Discussion

Post by FourTwoFour »

I'll try destroying the skyscraper later to see if it still kicks 80% of the server. I hope Operation Locker doesn't crash.

I wish they would be more specific... what do they mean by server crashing?
Last edited by FourTwoFour on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Source41
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Source41 »

I was just saying how I hope server.say is on the bottom of their priority list but if this fixes some of the lag/crashes then I guess that fix is also welcome.
Peacelulz
A regular
A regular

Post by Peacelulz »

Not going to hold my breath.

Going to continue holding out problematic maps till I see further posts on stability. As well as wait till the client side patch is released.
Peacelulz
A regular
A regular

Post by Peacelulz »

Here's the post on the Battlelog forums from Dice:

UPDATE #4 (Nov 6):
R7 Server Update Rolled Out
We just rolled out a new server update for Battlefield 4 that should fix some of the most common server crashes across all platforms. Let us know if this patch improves server stability for you. Patch notes below:
-Fixed two of the most common server crashes (All platforms)
-The "admin.say" command should now work properly (PC)
-The "vars.preset" command should now work better in conjunction with other vars settings (PC) (It is now easier for server admins to set a server preset)
-Fixed a bug in the queue system regarding GUID (PC)
-Fixed various minor bugs (PC)
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

R7 admin.say doesn't seem to cause the chat to auto pop-up for me. But it is not displaying the random player name any more. But it crashed my server on Locker where Locker was stable with R6 on my server.
FourTwoFour
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FourTwoFour »

Just sacrificed our server for the sake of this. Shanghai still kicks 70% of the server once the skyscraper goes down. Good job DICE....
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

FourTwoFour wrote:Just sacrificed our server for the sake of this. Shanghai still kicks 70% of the server once the skyscraper goes down. Good job DICE....
Well, if you think about it, that'd most likely need a client-side update to fix. Not positively, though.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Infected
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Infected »

TimSad wrote:
FourTwoFour wrote:Just sacrificed our server for the sake of this. Shanghai still kicks 70% of the server once the skyscraper goes down. Good job DICE....
Well, if you think about it, that'd most likely need a client-side update to fix. Not positively, though.
I'd say you're correct. The tower coming down doesn't really seem to affect the actual server just the clients.
plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by plasma »

yeah its gotta be client side. on my server I've never been kicked on that map.

what's frustrating is Dice/EA doesn't seem to be trying to fix the problem.
Peacelulz
A regular
A regular

Post by Peacelulz »

plasma wrote:yeah its gotta be client side. on my server I've never been kicked on that map.

what's frustrating is Dice/EA doesn't seem to be trying to fix the problem.
I doubt they're ignoring it. It's not like they enjoy having their forums spammed with thousands of complaints all day and EA's help forum is experiencing the same. For a client update, they more than likely have to go thru a QC approval prior to release. So unlike the patches, it takes more time to approve. I personally believe they'll have something out before the weekend. However, the question is; will it resolve most of the problems?

If it makes you feel better, you can visit the Battlefield Twitter page and they take the time to give generic "we're looking into it" responses lol.
PackerFan_68
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by PackerFan_68 »

Peacelulz wrote:I doubt they're ignoring it. It's not like they enjoy having their forums spammed with thousands of complaints all day and EA's help forum is experiencing the same. For a client update, they more than likely have to go thru a QC approval prior to release. So unlike the patches, it takes more time to approve.
If I remember right they have to provide the patch to MS and Sony and it takes a full week or two for them to QC and provide authorization to release it. So us PC players have to wait because they roll the patch to all platforms at once. Which sucks for us. :?
plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by plasma »

My server just dumped everyone :(
RexKramer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by RexKramer »

Getting error: "vehicleSpawnDelay was blanked, because your value was invalid. It must be a percentage." now when I update server discription. Running Official and vehicle delay is grayed out 100 so I cant change it anyway. But this is new since patch.
plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by plasma »

RexKramer wrote:Getting error: "vehicleSpawnDelay was blanked, because your value was invalid. It must be a percentage." now when I update server discription. Running Official and vehicle delay is grayed out 100 so I cant change it anyway. But this is new since patch.

was just getting ready to post the same thing ;)