64 Player CQ Official ??

Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

64 Player CQ Official ??

Post by Cain »

How do I set my server as "Official" so I will get the Quick Join folks, but I want it set to 64 player, 64 player tickets, 64 player spawn points, 64 player Scoreboard???

When I set official and the CQ maps, everything is set for 32 player??

Thanks for the help, I saw earlier threads but was not certain what to do, so I'm guessing others have this question, let's put it i this thread for future reference.

TIA!
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: 64 Player CQ Official ??

Post by wihgaming »

Cain wrote:How do I set my server as "Official" so I will get the Quick Join folks, but I want it set to 64 player, 64 player tickets, 64 player spawn points, 64 player Scoreboard???

When I set official and the CQ maps, everything is set for 32 player??

Thanks for the help, I saw earlier threads but was not certain what to do, so I'm guessing others have this question, let's put it i this thread for future reference.

TIA!
set your maplist to CQCLASSIC
when it loads Siege 32-players, run !nextmap
it should load a map from your mapcycle that you defined in Easy Setup
from there, it'll play only the maps in your mapcycle

good luck cain!
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

Thank you!!!

Just to be clear, if I type !nextmap, will it then run the maps in my maplist.txt file???

Or, do I need to set up the NFO Custom map cycler??

Also, I'm assuming once it runs the ConquestLarge maps, it will have 64 player tickets, spawn points, scoreboard, etc., correct??
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

Cain wrote:Thank you!!!

Just to be clear, if I type !nextmap, will it then run the maps in my maplist.txt file???

Or, do I need to set up the NFO Custom map cycler??

Also, I'm assuming once it runs the ConquestLarge maps, it will have 64 player tickets, spawn points, scoreboard, etc., correct??
when you run !nextmap, it should run a map in your map cycle defined by the NFO Custom map cycler. I say should be I've seen it every once in a while run something else not in the cycle. if that's the case, run !nextmap or !map again. The maplist.txt file is no longer in use when you use the NFO map cycler.

If you set the NFO map cycler to have ConquestLarge0 maps, then the maps will be for 64-players, with correct flags, scoreboard, etc...
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

Thank you!! I had to run nextmap three times, but it finally worked.

the help is most appreciated I'm certain this thread will help other Admins too!
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

yes it takes about two cycles to make the server map cycle set itself properly to your ConquestLarge maps -- why we don't have a preset for 64 player large conquest servers is just stupid. Did EA truly think 64 player ConquestLarge servers wouldn't need a preset?
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Or could just run Ultimate Map Manager and have it switch maps immediately.
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The system here refreshes the map cycle and sets the next map when a new round starts. It does not see the very first round start because it can't start monitoring the server until the first map has finished loading and the server is fully running. The preset CQCLASSIC cycle uses only one round per map, which means that the system's first round start seen is after the second map load, at which time it sets your cycle to start with the next round -- and that ends up being the third map.

When presets aren't used, the game reads the map list from disk when it starts, and the map list on disk includes the correct next map, because our system saves it to disk whenever it's changed, making sure that the list is in the proper order. This is why restarts don't normally cause a disruption in the map cycle (though there can still be a minor problem if single rounds are used, resulting in the second map being run twice).

One possible workaround for this issue would be for our system to check for vars.mpExperience when it reconnects after a crash, set the new cycle immediately, and then change the map immediately. I will look into whether this is something I can implement quickly. I am also hoping that DICE will fix CQCLASSIC to use ConquestLarge0 maps.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I've changed the admin daemon to work as I described in my last post now. But, I've noticed, when doing this, that the server is sometimes reporting that the proper map (with the proper mode) is being loaded, but afterward, it still shows that the old map and mode are running. This game bug may explain why an extra !nextmap is sometimes needed.
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

Is there any way to discern if your server is accepting Quick Join players??
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

Cool! Thanks for the detailed explaination, JOhn!
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by [WDT]TardFarmer »

jaythegreat1 wrote:Or could just run Ultimate Map Manager and have it switch maps immediately.
I am unable to get UMM to do this? How do you have yours setup? My UMM does not seem to manage the maps at all. (yes I did donate and have the full release)
plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by plasma »

after my last crash, it doesn't seem like I'm getting the Quick Joins.. is there anyway to tell if my server will/will not get them?
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

plasma wrote:after my last crash, it doesn't seem like I'm getting the Quick Joins.. is there anyway to tell if my server will/will not get them?
I noticed this today with my server as well. Crashed and came up and no Quick Match people. It took several maps to get full again, where previously it took maybe 10-15 min.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Cain wrote:Is there any way to discern if your server is accepting Quick Join players??
Currently I do not know a reliable way to do this. But, if you enter "vars.mpExperience" through rcon and it responds with a non-blank value, and if "vars.preset" returns "Official", then you should qualify.

In "serverInfo" output, the third value from the bottom is supposed to say whether you qualify for "Play now" / Match making players, but it's missing from the output in the current game version.