How are you BF4 servers running since 11/09/13

markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

How are you BF4 servers running since 11/09/13

Post by markym »

Mates, just wondering how your servers are running or how they ran for you this weekend. For me it seems like some magic happened and that EA did something to reduce server lag. R7 did stop my ConquestLarge server from crashing a lot and I actually had our server up about 30 hours straight Fri/Sat. Today, we've been up 12 hours and I'm running at full 64 slots. I also added back in our rotation MP_Journey and MP_Resort and so far so good. I still have MP_Damage and MP_Siege out of the rotation. I know issue still remain with Siege, and the sound issues on Damage are really bad, Journey still has sound issues too but it's somewhat playable.

So how are things with your servers?
Peacelulz
A regular
A regular

Re: How are you BF4 servers running since 11/09/13

Post by Peacelulz »

I've crashed more in the last 24-32 hours than I have the last 5+ days lol
Draeger
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Draeger »

Overall very well. The server technically will stay up 24+ hours without a crash. Rubber-banding does occasionally happen, but not that frequently. Then again, we do have alot of maps taken out of rotation to prevent it from happening. Eagerly awaiting R8 hoping they will have fixed many of the issues we are all experiencing.
MTLMortis
New to forums
New to forums

Post by MTLMortis »

Server seems to run beautifully, mines been fully populated since saturday morning. I've crashed, but the server has been fine.

~MTL Mortis
mtlmayhem.com
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by [WDT]TardFarmer »

Tons of rubberbanding on Hainanresort and Lancang dam. Is this common? We just bumped from 40 players to 64 players and now we are seeing rubbernbanding. On 40 players we had not seen one instance of rubberbanding.

The server crashes have subsided quite a bit but with rubberbanding we have to reboot the server anyways.

Should I take out resort and dam?
FourTwoFour
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FourTwoFour »

No problems over here. Resort lags the whole server down to 10 fps once the C building starts to break (goes away after 5 seconds)
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

strange

we never experienced rubberbanding until we moved to a 64 player server. I now have members and regulars complaining of disconnects like crazy, rubberbands and are leaving our server to goto others that have less players but run more stable.

Do I need to drop back down to 40 players? Are other people having no issues on 64 player servers?

This is frustrating the people that are paying $$$ to keep this up, and are unable to even kick or ban racists on our server because EA has deemed it wont be a "good" experience for players.
plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by plasma »

my server is still experiencing crashes. doesn't seem to make it more than 4-5 hours before a crash.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

[WDT]TardFarmer wrote:strange

we never experienced rubberbanding until we moved to a 64 player server. I now have members and regulars complaining of disconnects like crazy, rubberbands and are leaving our server to goto others that have less players but run more stable.

Do I need to drop back down to 40 players? Are other people having no issues on 64 player servers?

This is frustrating the people that are paying $$$ to keep this up, and are unable to even kick or ban racists on our server because EA has deemed it wont be a "good" experience for players.
Are you on a vds or a shared machine.
mikedbom
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by mikedbom »

MTLMortis wrote:Server seems to run beautifully, mines been fully populated since saturday morning. I've crashed, but the server has been fine.

~MTL Mortis
mtlmayhem.com
same for me...my client has crashed a couple times during game and then flat out would not connect a couple times and had to kill it. server lost some traffic for a bit early saturday but i jumped on and got it full in about an hour. no problems since.
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

IcEWoLF wrote:
[WDT]TardFarmer wrote:strange

Are you on a vds or a shared machine.
I would assume a shared. Which is why I am curious what the host performance is.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

[WDT]TardFarmer wrote:I would assume a shared. Which is why I am curious what the host performance is.
On any managed or standalone server, you can see the host stats and performance through the "Server health" page in the control panel. If the overall CPU usage is below about 50%, you won't see machine-related performance problems. Above that, you might see some problems if your server is so large that it needs most of its own CPU core (as 64-slot BF4 servers do). Our system load-balances machines when they peaked at around 40% CPU usage the night before, to keep a solid buffer.
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Edge100x wrote:
[WDT]TardFarmer wrote:I would assume a shared. Which is why I am curious what the host performance is.
On any managed or standalone server, you can see the host stats and performance through the "Server health" page in the control panel. If the overall CPU usage is below about 50%, you won't see machine-related performance problems. Above that, you might see some problems if your server is so large that it needs most of its own CPU core (as 64-slot BF4 servers do). Our system load-balances machines when they peaked at around 40% CPU usage the night before, to keep a solid buffer.

Thanks Edge. I should point out that while I am a pain in the ass and may come off as dissatisfied with NFO. I am really just frustrated with EA/DICE. I think your support has been very good. I have a feeling that most of our issues are due to poor server code/ blaze issues.

I am just trying to figure out why we are suddenly experiencing huge lag spikes that require a server reboot. Any chance you can check our host logs at about 9:00 PM CST last night (10th)?
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Just had another crash about 20 minutes ago. Server was packed (64 players conquest) Not sure what map it was.
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

and again just now