Play now traffic

monkeyds89
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Play now traffic

Post by monkeyds89 »

Hi all, I have a server in nfo, my problem is that the status play now not working properly, since the first start working properly, now is not attracting any player and I have no custom preset, set mode that gets no traffic works well play now. Any idea why this may be happening?. Thanks in advance for your answers. -
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Play now traffic

Post by markym »

In order to get Join Now traffic ..you need to have your server as

1. Normal
2. Official

And you have to run one of the preset map choices so you have to select that in the NFO Easy Set up area ---and of courser you need to get your server started with some players. Join now doesn't push players into empty servers -- in order to get our server going I have to seed it with players and get at least 5 or 6 people in the game before I start seeing players get pushed in. It takes about a good half hour to hour to get our server started. Then it usually runs full until of course it crashes which then means we have to start all over getting it started again. Thus, why so many of us are really upset about all the crashing. It takes a lot of work to get a server full and going and then a crash kills the server and empties it out.
monkeyds89
New to forums
New to forums

Post by monkeyds89 »

I have normal, official and domination preset and nothing. Before this being the server to 0 after a restart filled in seconds now this not happen. -
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

monkeyds89, the number of servers has been going up and the number of players has been going down, so it does take a bit more work to get going if you don't already have an established player base to jump-start things. This may improve at the end of the month when some of the preordered servers start going down, but it's tough to say by how much. With all games, the best bet is to have a core group of players in there to get things going and set the server tone.
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

markym wrote:In order to get Join Now traffic ..you need to have your server as

1. Normal
2. Official

And you have to run one of the preset map choices so you have to select that in the NFO Easy Set up area ---and of courser you need to get your server started with some players. Join now doesn't push players into empty servers -- in order to get our server going I have to seed it with players and get at least 5 or 6 people in the game before I start seeing players get pushed in. It takes about a good half hour to hour to get our server started. Then it usually runs full until of course it crashes which then means we have to start all over getting it started again. Thus, why so many of us are really upset about all the crashing. It takes a lot of work to get a server full and going and then a crash kills the server and empties it out.
I was under the impression that only Official servers got join now traffic.
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
HowIChrgeLazer
A regular
A regular

Post by HowIChrgeLazer »

jaythegreat1 wrote:
markym wrote:In order to get Join Now traffic ..you need to have your server as

1. Normal
2. Official
I was under the impression that only Official servers got join now traffic.
I believe he means normal as in Preset Normal, Official Type.
[RAGE CAGE] Gaming
Because video games FAIL at making you happy.
http://ragecagegaming.com/
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Gotcha, I was thinking Ranked instead of Normal. :)
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by plasma »

i was going to post this same topic. seems like up until the last patch, my server filled daily and at one point was in the top 80 servers. I use to tell my buds that it only took 12-15 to jump on then it would fill from there within 10 minutes. But after the last patch, it is very very slow to fill and even not filling at all. Is there any way to verify that it is working?
mikedbom
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by mikedbom »

plasma wrote:i was going to post this same topic. seems like up until the last patch, my server filled daily and at one point was in the top 80 servers. I use to tell my buds that it only took 12-15 to jump on then it would fill from there within 10 minutes. But after the last patch, it is very very slow to fill and even not filling at all. Is there any way to verify that it is working?
same here. we'll get 3-5 on to try to draw "play now" traffic and it will be an hour sometimes before others begin to join. used to fill almost immediately with just me on. i think a lot of players have stopped playing for a while due to issues with the game. hopefully it will pick up as word gets out that things are getting better.
Spyderspartan
A regular
A regular

Post by Spyderspartan »

This is what the server documentation says about quickmatch traffic.
Quickmatch
First off, there is the Quickmatch operation.
Quickmatch will only go against official servers. Also, the ping site setting is taken into consideration; players will have a slight preference to game servers which belong to the player’s closest ping site location.
The serverinfo command reports if your server has matchmaking enabled or not, look at the serverinfo documentation for more information.
In addition to being matchmakable, your server will also need to have at least one player on it for the matchmaking system to send any quickmatching players to your server.

Code: Select all

Request: serverInfo 
Response: OK <serverName: string> <current playercount: integer> <effective max playercount: integer> 
<current gamemode: string> <current map: string> 
<roundsPlayed: integer> <roundsTotal: string> <scores: team scores> <onlineState: online state> 
<ranked: boolean> <punkBuster: boolean> <hasGamePassword: boolean> 
<serverUpTime: seconds> <roundTime: seconds> <gameIpAndPort: IpPortPair> 
<punkBusterVersion: string> <joinQueueEnabled: boolean> 
<region: string> <closestPingSite: string> <country: string> <matchMakingEnabled: boolean>
<blazePlayerCount: integer> <blazeGameState: string>
Last edited by Spyderspartan on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Spyderspartan, unfortunately the documentation is wrong about that command, and it does not include it.
Spyderspartan
A regular
A regular

Post by Spyderspartan »

Edge100x wrote:Spyderspartan, unfortunately the documentation is wrong about that command, and it does not include it.
Of course... Not too surprised.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

One thing I noticed tonight is that at least some servers set to Official boot up with vars.preset reporting "CUSTOM" -- I have no idea why, but it's possible that it will affect "Play now". If you're seeing this on your server, I recommend checking the box to enforce Normal mode every 5 minutes, just to be safe.
Cyrcle
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Cyrcle »

Been spamming Play Now for the past hour now and it seems to want to put me in the same couple servers, which are mostly full (or already full). My server's been sitting at roughly 8-14 players most of the afternoon with the usual leaving and joining after each map. Its not filling as quickly as it used to, which is kind of upsetting.
MTLMortis
New to forums
New to forums

Post by MTLMortis »

Cyrcle wrote:Been spamming Play Now for the past hour now and it seems to want to put me in the same couple servers, which are mostly full (or already full). My server's been sitting at roughly 8-14 players most of the afternoon with the usual leaving and joining after each map. Its not filling as quickly as it used to, which is kind of upsetting.
Set up "Adjust player limit automatically? " may fill it up a lot quicker. Mine normally goes from 4 to 34 players in under 10 minutes once I seed it.